Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cincinnati area model S owners...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any of you that have aftermarket wheels, where did you take your model S to get them done?

I highly recommend Performance Alignment in Blue Ash. Bill has extensive racing history and has become the local handling guru. It's always interesting to see the cars in the shop an and he has plenty of Tesla experience. He doesn't sell anything, but you should talk to him before you order wheels.

- - - Updated - - -

OH.. I see from you other posts that you have your new wheels already - sorry if my recco was too late.
If you are interested in selling your 19"s let me know. I've been thinking of picking some up for winter. I see our delivery dates were close - mine was July 2nd. Loving it?

I highly recommend Performance Alignment in Blue Ash. Bill has extensive racing history and has become the local handling guru. It's always interesting to see the cars in the shop an and he has plenty of Tesla experience. He doesn't sell anything, but you should talk to him before you order wheels.

They're fantastic for alignments. Absolutely fantastic. Definitely best in the area.

For wheels? I'd be extremely cautious. They absolutely destroyed my brand new out-of-the-box wheels: scratched off paint around the rims, gouges around the lug nuts, and destroyed the center hub area. The tech who did the work said the shop would cover the repairs but that I should call Bill. Bill also originally volunteered to cover the damage, but then a few days later reneged. When asked about the change he literally shouted at me on the phone about how they're not liable for any vehicle or wheel damage and that I was an idiot (I tamed it down here, he actually used a string of expletives) who should take my "Mickey Mouse" wheels elsewhere. Essentially, it was decided the wheels were to blame.

Interestingly, I still have those wheels on my car today, 9 years later (I had the worst spots fixed). They've had 5 sets of tires, and have been serviced by a dozen shops in three states. There has been no further damage to the wheels... not so much as a scratch... so it certainly wasn't the wheel's fault.

In summary, I'd consider somewhere else if I were OP.

Gizmotoy - based on your experience it's cool of you to not totally flame the guy. Sounds like they worked hard to screw up and Bill is definitely not a "customer is always right" kid of guy.
FWIW I've started using them because of bad experiences with my Jag's 20" at other shops and they have changed tires probably a dozen times for me on various vehicles with zero issues. I trust them. I take my cars there when new as well and the improvement vs "factory alignment" has been great.

You recall any shops in Cinci that you would recommend for mounting?

Gizmotoy - based on your experience it's cool of you to not totally flame the guy. Sounds like they worked hard to screw up and Bill is definitely not a "customer is always right" kid of guy.
FWIW I've started using them because of bad experiences with my Jag's 20" at other shops and they have changed tires probably a dozen times for me on various vehicles with zero issues. I trust them. I take my cars there when new as well and the improvement vs "factory alignment" has been great.

You recall any shops in Cinci that you would recommend for mounting?

My main disappointment was them both promising to make it right and then, once they found out the extent and expense of the damage (something like $400, I don't recall the exact amount), going back on their word. I respect the guy's talents, but that's not a great position to put customers in. I never returned.

I wasn't in town for much longer after that, maybe only one or two sets of tires, but I started using TD Performance (the speed shop division of Tire Discounters) in Forest Park off 275 near Cincinnati Mills (or whatever it's called now, it's been 100 things) for all our vehicles after that. I figured after having such an abysmal experience with a local shop, I'd give a place with better financial backing a try. I stopped in to check the place out and they had some vintage muscle being restored and a fleet of three Porsche 911 race cars they were prepping, so it felt like they could be trusted. The waiting area is essentially a glass cube in the middle of the shop, so you can watch them while they work on the car.

There's some pictures of the inside on Google Maps. I've been out of the area for a few years now, and I know that general area has been on the decline, but I'd recommend at least feeling them out:
Google Maps

Edit: I forgot that one of the wheels was actually damaged subsequently. A dealership here in CA accidentally dropped it on its face while doing a rotation. They tracked down a place that had them in stock, had it overnighted, replaced it, and let me keep the damaged wheel. A DEALERSHIP did that for a non-OEM wheel. I thought it was a funny contrast.

Last edited: