Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cinergi's Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cinergi,

Hey I met you at the Mahwah event and you told me about and showed me your Roadster. Thanks. Can you remind me again?

1) What year was your Roadster?
2) How many miles did it have?
3) What was the reduction in range from maximum charge when you first took delivery to when you traded it in?

Thanks again.

Does pandora on your phone show up like spotty did?

Can you raise or lower the car while moving? I'd like to raise to highest setting while rolling up to my hill.

Pandora works the same way.

You can raise the suspension while driving -- but you're limited to:
Very high: under 10 MPH
High: under 20 MPH

- - - Updated - - -

Cinergi,

Hey I met you at the Mahwah event and you told me about and showed me your Roadster. Thanks. Can you remind me again?

1) What year was your Roadster?
2) How many miles did it have?
3) What was the reduction in range from maximum charge when you first took delivery to when you traded it in?

Thanks again.

Hiya!

1) 2010 (2.5)
2) 19,500
3) 188 -> 181 (standard mode)

Great vids Cinergi. After watching the "unboxing" video, I thought it would be cool to add some L.E.D light strips just under the rails for the shelf to eliminate the rear trunk lighting problem. Take a look at my pic for placement.
2012-Tesla-Model-S-rear-trunk-seats-added lighting.JPG

The placement also makes it easy to tap into the existing L.E.D lighting already in the rear. Here is a sample of what I'm talking about.
timthumb.jpg

Last edited:
Great vids Cinergi. After watching the "unboxing" video, I thought it would be cool to add some L.E.D light strips just under the rails for the shelf to eliminate the rear trunk lighting problem. Take a look at my pic for placement. The placement also makes it easy to tap into the existing L.E.D lighting already in the rear. Here is a sample of what I'm talking about.
View attachment 10753

Great idea. Wired? Button depressed?

It's a great idea! Give it a test first, attaching to the existing light; I wouldn't think that another few hundred milliamps would load that circuit terribly - it's probably on a shared 5A 12V circuit. Great idea and in sync with my thoughts when I saw his review.

Great vids Cinergi. After watching the "unboxing" video, I thought it would be cool to add some L.E.D light strips just under the rails for the shelf to eliminate the rear trunk lighting problem. Take a look at my pic for placement. View attachment 10750

The placement also makes it easy to tap into the existing L.E.D lighting already in the rear. Here is a sample of what I'm talking about.
View attachment 10753

Cupholder in action :smile:

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of which..... :)

I am unable to watch the Livescream video. My machine loads 2-3 seconds and plays it 2 seconds at a time. No preload possible. Unwatchable!

Can you convert your delivery it into a standard YouTube vid so you have the whole Cinergi deliverly and learning/teaching package in one place?

I'm putting that together now. The video starts just just after the semi parks. I should have that uploaded late tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cinergi you lucky devil that was an awesome watch ..... really good work....enjoy your S!!
You are also lucky because you got our DC Service Manager, Matt who transferred up there this week. He is great and will help you with the BEST possible service and care.

Good driving!!

These are so great, thanks so much! I, for about an hour, forgot that I actually don't have a Model S yet:wink:

And the quality is fine with me as I can easily see, hear and understand what you are explaining, so big kudos!

Hi Cinergi,

Your projected miles is 199 in the video and battery degradation is a concern for me. If the Model S retains 67% of its original battery charge after 7yrs or 100k miles, then that would be about 134 projected miles of range after being "fully" charged in standard mode.

I guess we won't know if this is true or not until around year 2019-2020 (or earlier if it happens sooner or if people describe their battery degradation rate over the years from which we can extrapolate)...

But still 134 miles is rather disappointing. As an aside, residual value at this point would be anyone's guess, but I bet it would be lower than an ICE vehicle b/c the utility of the vehicle would be so much lower.