Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cinergi's Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does pandora on your phone show up like spotty did?
I'm sure it would. Spotify is just sending BT audio and track information ... the Model S fills in the album artwork and that's pretty much all there is to it. It's been a LONG time since I've used Pandora (don't even have it installed anymore) but can give it a shot if you like ...

Can you raise or lower the car while moving? I'd like to raise to highest setting while rolling up to my hill.
I'll try and let you know how that goes. Will be tricky to find a safe area to play with that :smile:

Can you show the browser in detail? It was super buggy when I tried it. Thx!
Yup. I've found it buggy and slow myself. Any sites in particular?

Watched the whole touchscreen vid. Thanks a ton! Does pandora on your phone show up like spotty did?

Can you raise or lower the car while moving? I'd like to raise to highest setting while rolling up to my hill.

Can you show the browser in detail? It was super buggy when I tried it. Thx!

Cynergi,

is there a fast way to change the suspension height...(can you use the steering wheel button(s) to control suspension height?)
There are times when we turn into a parking lot only to discover that you are likely to rub the bottom because of the angle of the driveway and the parking drive.
It would be nice to be able to quickly hit the high button to help clear low spots that might give you rub rash.

Cynergi,

is there a fast way to change the suspension height...(can you use the steering wheel button(s) to control suspension height?)
There are times when we turn into a parking lot only to discover that you are likely to rub the bottom because of the angle of the driveway and the parking drive.
It would be nice to be able to quickly hit the high button to help clear low spots that might give you rub rash.

Not currently but that's a great suggestion for the steering controls. They're working on making the scroll wheel and the button customizable -- there are a few choices now; suspension height could be another one. I'd ask Tesla directly (do you have a contact?)

Cynergi,

From what I've read, I don't see why one wouldn't keep Model S at its highest setting all the time. Once you pass whatever the threshold speed is (30MPH?) the car will lower itself anyway. So, when you see an obstacle, all you would need do is slow to 29MPH. Right?

From what I've read, I don't see why one wouldn't keep Model S at its highest setting all the time. Once you pass whatever the threshold speed is (30MPH?) the car will lower itself anyway. So, when you see an obstacle, all you would need do is slow to 29MPH. Right?

I have the impression that it lowers to different amounts based on the initial setting. I don't know if anyone has actually measured this though.

It would be great if this is the case....riding at the highest height when traveling slow would minimize rubbing bottom. (Not that there's anything wrong with rubbing bottom) :D

Couple sound questions. Did you try plugging your phone in via USB and did you get audio? Does it work similiar to bt or is it better somehow? Dd you play with audio settings and have any recommendations with Dolby on/off, etc.?

I know I still have to answer your other questions :smile: but phone via USB only charges right now. It's still BT audio. I haven't changed any sound settings ... haven't felt the need to. I did play with dolby on/off at a store a while back and the difference was amazing. I personally prefer it on.

I think I remember reading in the Model S Quick Guide (or what ever it was called) that cruise control would work at as slow as 20 mph. I'm just wondering, have you tried really slow cruise control cinergi? Does it really go that low?

EDIT:

Just noticed this post in the Model S First Drive Reviews thread:

...and discovered that you can't use cruise control below 25...

Nevermind.

Last edited:
From my limited understanding the ride hight resets to default when the car is restarted. This eliminates my desire to leave the car on high setting to accommodate speed bumps. I hope we get a quicker way to change the car hight or that the bumps are lower than I fear.
Could someone please test the car to see if it resets?

Cinergi: You mentioned earlier in the thread that you have set your energy display for "Projected" rather than "Rated." I see no reference to that setting in the Owner's Quick Guide. Could you elaborate on how "Projected" is determined? Assume it's based on actual driving history, but over what period if so? And assume "Rated" will be the much discussed 265 miles. Thanks.

Cinergi: You mentioned earlier in the thread that you have set your energy display for "Projected" rather than "Rated." I see no reference to that setting in the Owner's Quick Guide. Could you elaborate on how "Projected" is determined? Assume it's based on actual driving history, but over what period if so? And assume "Rated" will be the much discussed 265 miles. Thanks.

Projected is based on your last 30 miles of driving. You'll see both numbers referenced if you pull up the Controls -> Trip/range info or pull up the range info on the instrument cluster.