Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clean Vehicle Assistance Program and Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The store delivery team helped me to update grant document (first page approval letter and third page vehicle information with signature), but they didn’t follow up. I called to Tesla back office to have representative cleared the grant. Now I just scheduled the delivery on Sunday. Hope there won’t be any issues when delivery.

Btw, after place order, sales team won’t follow up the grant. Everything must communicate with delivery team.
Grant showing up in my account today.

Attachments

• IMG_1790.jpeg
    IMG_1790.jpeg
    95.6 KB · Views: 112
Reactions: RoBoRaT
I’m worrying about Tesla will bump up their Inventory price after June 30. If they do that we won’t be able to get this rebate! What’s your thoughts on this? Is there any way to order now and hold it till my application get approved? Thank you.
Assume dmv fee is below 600, selling price is not over 40400 including 1390 destination charge and 250 order fee, tax rate is below 10%. Model 3 is still qualified for grant.

Assume dmv fee is below 600, selling price is not over 40400 including 1390 destination charge and 250 order fee, tax rate is below 10%. Model 3 is still qualified for grant.
Yeah, you're right. But if you order online model 3 base is $41,880 including destination and order fee. So it will be like $46000+ after tax. So not eligible! And don't you think the inventory discount is only to meet the quarter sales? So after June 30, the price will increase or there will be no more discount. Do you have any suggestions? What to do? Thank you.

Yeah, you're right. But if you order online model 3 base is $41,880 including destination and order fee. So it will be like $46000+ after tax. So not eligible! And don't you think the inventory discount is only to meet the quarter sales? So after June 30, the price will increase or there will be no more discount. Do you have any suggestions? What to do? Thank you.
I have no idea too. Asked sales and delivery team regarding discounts and hw 4.0. They all answered they didn’t have any information until official announcement.

Alternate idea. You can purchase new or old EV with grant. If new Model 3 RWD is no longer eligible, 2021/2020 used model 3/Y would be another choice. You may find some 21 lower mileage model 3 with enhanced autopilot or 2020 long range/performance below 40k selling price. Used Tesla doesn’t have destination charge and order fee, but financing cost is much higher. If you are a SCE customer, you can apply 1k or 4k (income qualified) rebate for used EV.

Did anybody apply and get approved instantly? I have yet to hear anything back
I applied back on the June 2nd and have yet to hear anything back. Back when I first applied I had called them and they mentioned that it was usually 10-14 business days before you would hear back. Yet after that time period had passed I went called again and they said it takes 3-4 week to process the application as they are manually done. So it seems they're pretty slammed now after reopening the program, but we should hear back this up coming week I hope.