Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clean Vehicle Assistance Program and Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I submitted my application on August 9th. I received a phone call from CVAP about a week ago and they requested additional documents. I sent the documents right away and now I’m waiting again. I hope I get approval soon.. I have not ordered my Tesla, but I think I will by the end of this month.

according to other people, they go by application date not by supplemental documents date. so you still have good chance got approved early,

anyway, just received the approval email today !!!! 8/5 here. So i assume 8/1 and 8/3 applicants should get it too?

according to other people, they go by application date not by supplemental documents date. so you still have good chance got approved early,

anyway, just received the approval email today !!!! 8/5 here. So i assume 8/1 and 8/3 applicants should get it too?

That's awesome! I think you're the first August applicant I've heard of getting approved. I'm August 19 which is exactly 2 wks behind you. Congrats!

An update:

I applied on 8/1/2020.
Received an email on 10/14/2020 asking for more information/documentation (that I thought was already provided/uploaded... hmm...)
Replied back on 10/14/2020 with said documentation.
Received reply on 10/15/2020 acknowledging receipt of documentation.
The website states: Application Approved: "Congratulations! You have been approved for a clean vehicle grant. Before you can redeem the grant, you must first receive your Approval Letter in the mail. It’s on its way! You will also receive an email with additional information."

I still (as of 10/19 @ 4:54 PM) have received an email saying my application has been approved. I'm guessing I'll be getting it sometime in the next couple of days.

So I guess now I'm just waiting for that letter in the mail, along with a confirmation email. I think I'll call my Tesla rep once I have it, and go forward on the next steps.

I'll update once I go more with the process, it looks like the ball will be in Tesla's court once I get that letter in the mail.

I just check online and it says I have been approved. I’m just waiting for the email now. I guess I should order my Tesla now

Looks like they are picking up pace. Anyone who applied first week of Aug should email if they haven't heard anything back yet.

UPDATE: 8/27 Submitted
Included all appropriate forms
Emailed 8/27 to confirm receiving and if there is anything else I need to add

10/20: Online it shows "APPLICATION APPROVED, Congratulations! You have been approved for a clean vehicle grant. Before you can redeem the grant, you must first receive your Approval Letter in the mail. It’s on its way! You will also receive an email with additional information."

I also reserved the MY on announcement day and had delayed delivery with zero issues.

!! I'll keep updating on what happens. I'm in sunny SOCAL

FYI on the tesla website when ordering a vehicle it shows the Clean Vehicle Grant "Clean Vehicle Assistance Program" on their savings section if you click estimate payment on the bottom and click on the Incentives tab. It also shows any other potential savings in my state, California. So for us we can save up to $8k. That is not including the extra $2,500k if you qualify for extra extra low income for the Clean Vehicle Rebate grant.

If you run into any hiccups feel free to show that to your SA.

Looks like they are picking up pace. Anyone who applied first week of Aug should email if they haven't heard anything back yet.

UPDATE: 8/27 Submitted
Included all appropriate forms
Emailed 8/27 to confirm receiving and if there is anything else I need to add

10/20: Online it shows "APPLICATION APPROVED, Congratulations! You have been approved for a clean vehicle grant. Before you can redeem the grant, you must first receive your Approval Letter in the mail. It’s on its way! You will also receive an email with additional information."

I also reserved the MY on announcement day and had delayed delivery with zero issues.

!! I'll keep updating on what happens. I'm in sunny SOCAL

Wait, did you submit on 8/27? And you also got approved? Asking because I submitted on 8/23 and it’s still under review.

Hello Guys!
Seems it is a big day for AUG applicants. I applied 8/10 and online status showed approved.
I already changed my delivery day twice, guess finally I can get MY.
Now waiting for the emails. This thread really helped me a lot in this 70 days waiting games.

cheers!