Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clean Vehicle Assistance Program and Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seeing all of these August approvals is great news! Hoping they go off of the application start date like I’ve seen others mention here. I started my application on Aug 31 but didn’t complete until mid September as I was waiting for docs from the IRS to arrive.

Declined...
** Look business owner **
They look at before adjustment income so my wife own business they look at schedule C line 1, income line. Literally they look revenue.. I told him revenue is not income. He said I know, but CA guide line is ×>÷&#&×*..
I guess they have not enough fund now...
I will cancel MY... so sad...

Hello Guys!
Seems it is a big day for AUG applicants. I applied 8/10 and online status showed approved.
I already changed my delivery day twice, guess finally I can get MY.
Now waiting for the emails. This thread really helped me a lot in this 70 days waiting games.

cheers!

Congrats please let us know when you're email arrives. I'm very close to you (aug 19th) and have been waiting 63 days already

Hi guys, Just wanted to ask if anybody has idea with the delivery time since we live in California. Is it actually going to be 5-9 weeks? Or, there is some chance of us getting the car a little bit sooner since we live close to the factory itself?

the digital approval package says
Declined...
** Look business owner **
They look at before adjustment income so my wife own business they look at schedule C line 1, income line. Literally they look revenue.. I told him revenue is not income. He said I know, but CA guide line is ×>÷&#&×*..
I guess they have not enough fund now...
I will cancel MY... so sad...

that really sucks...sorry to hear that...

Seeing all of these August approvals is great news! Hoping they go off of the application start date like I’ve seen others mention here. I started my application on Aug 31 but didn’t complete until mid September as I was waiting for docs from the IRS to arrive.

i applied 8/5 and emailed in my tax transcript on 10/2. just for reference.

To all of you who have placed the order and got an approval letter congratulation. My question is, do we actually need to wait until december to get the car?

Once you have your approval email you can move forward with the purchase/lease of a vehicle. The vehicle wait time is up to Tesla's ability to match you with a vehicle. However long that may take

I applied on 8/26, heard back on 9/30 asking for more documentation and received my approval email on Friday 10/16. I just ordered my MY on Saturday. Checking everyday for a VIN!

I'm happy for you, but that's trash from the CVAP office. I applied a week before you (other even earlier) and I'm still waiting. I'm currently in line for delivery of a MY so I guess it only matters if my delivery day arrives before my app is approved. It looks like aug apps have been approved in as little as 51 days and as much as 79 days. I'm currently at 64 days.

It just sucks because they say applications will be processed in the order they are received which obviously isn't the case...

I suspect that when they say they say "processed in the order received," they mean that they will guarantee funds on a first-come-first-served basis, not that they will send approvals in the order received. Some packets might take longer than others to approve, but they don't want that to hold up packets which are ready to go.

FYI

I just called the CVAP office to inquire about Aug applications and was told:

They have recently started processing Aug applications (already knew this)

Applications are divided up (alphabetically) and assigned to workers for processing. Naturally some workers are faster than others, I must have gotten a slow one :/

FYI

I just called the CVAP office to inquire about Aug applications and was told:

They have recently started processing Aug applications (already knew this)

Applications are divided up (alphabetically) and assigned to workers for processing. Naturally some workers are faster than others, I must have gotten a slow one :/
My last name starts with the letter “P” if that helps lol and I think the person reviewing my application was Benjamin