Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clean Vehicle Assistance Program and Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
when did you apply? I think my screen area that use to say "days" to expire changed and now it shows : Your application is in line to be reviewed and will not expire. Thank you for your patience.
It directly showed as below:
Application Status
APPLICATION APPROVED
Congratulations! You have been approved for a clean vehicle grant. Before you can redeem the grant, you must first receive your Approval Letter in the mail. It’s on its way! You will also receive an email with additional information.

Before this I also had the same status as yours, so just need to wait (I reckon)

So I am still waiting for the approval package to come in the email. Once I receive it, the only final step is to ask my SA to apply the grant! Good luck to you all guys!

whoa I am not aware of the additional $2500. Do you have additional info on it? Thanks
i read it again. It it’s the additional 2,500 you get for low income on the CVRP so instead of 2k is 4,500. But you also get a rebate of 2k with the GRID rebate, you apply for that one 30 days after you get your car.
It’s not bad at all:
$5k down assistance
$4,500 rebate
$2,000 GRID rebate
State refunds
SoCal Edison rebate too.

i read it again. It it’s the additional 2,500 you get for low income on the CVRP so instead of 2k is 4,500. But you also get a rebate of 2k with the GRID rebate, you apply for that one 30 days after you get your car.
It’s not bad at all:
$5k down assistance
$4,500 rebate
$2,000 GRID rebate
State refunds
SoCal Edison rebate too.
What's the GRID rebate

Attachments

• 41985676-136A-4A0C-B440-B0531F3E4B27.png
    41985676-136A-4A0C-B440-B0531F3E4B27.png
    428.6 KB · Views: 71
  • B745EB67-23D6-401D-85C7-168FD75015BB.png
    B745EB67-23D6-401D-85C7-168FD75015BB.png
    936.5 KB · Views: 59
FYI - 2 months after picking up MY and Tesla still hasn’t sent any proof purchase to CVAP.

CVAP is writing me telling me my grant is about to expire and I inform them I purchased the car and they applied the grant. They tell me I should write Tesla to have them send proof. How backwards is it that I’m attempting to get Tesla paid?

round and round we go....

Hello everyone. Just wanted to give an update.

I applied August 24th
I got approved on website last Monday (Nov 9).
Approval packet came on Tuesday via email.
I called on Wednesday to take my Model Y off hold.
I just got a text this morning to schedule delivery on Tuesday or Wednesday. I chose Wednesday.

Configuration is blue with black interior and Gemini rims.

Good luck to everyone still waiting.

Hi All - I've been following this thread for a while and finally decided to sign up. Lots of great info on here! I submitted my grant paperwork on 10/19 so I would imagine i have roughly another 4-6 weeks left to wait (or more!) I ordered my MY on 10/23 and was told 5-9 weeks.
My question: you all have mentioned working with a SA at Tesla. How do you get assigned a SA? I dont have one yet and want to have everything in line so when I do get grant approval paperwork I know who to send it to to apply it to my lease. Thanks!