Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clean Vehicle Assistance Program and Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s worth taking note of the statistics published on the program’s webpage. They’re only accurate up to August 5, 2020, but: of 3,300 applicants, only 725 grants.

To be clear, though: 3,300 applicants versus 725 does not necessarily mean that 2,575 applicants were turned down. It may just be a snapshot as of August 5, conveying that 725 applications had been granted thus far from a pool of 3,300. I don’t want to be unnecessarily discouraging.

Reactions: yaya21
Im hoping to hear back from CVAP within the next week, but I’m curious as to how to go about the Tesla loan. If if apply for the loan now would the 5,000 from the grant not get applied? Or would it be applied and the Grand total affect the loan amount as well after the grant is applied ?

Im hoping to hear back from CVAP within the next week, but I’m curious as to how to go about the Tesla loan. If if apply for the loan now would the 5,000 from the grant not get applied? Or would it be applied and the Grand total affect the loan amount as well after the grant is applied ?
Telsa will apply the grant credit to the total amount to be paid on the car. The remainder due will be a combination of how much you choose to finance, and how much you chose to provide as a down payment.

When you seek financing through Tesla, they will usually offer you both a rate and a range of the total price that they will finance. The latter is presented as a button on a sliding scale, so you can dial up or down to choose the amount before accepting their offer.

Telsa will apply the grant credit to the total amount to be paid on the car. The remainder due will be a combination of how much you choose to finance, and how much you chose to provide as a down payment.

When you seek financing through Tesla, they will usually offer you both a rate and a range of the total price that they will finance. The latter is presented as a button on a sliding scale, so you can dial up or down to choose the amount before accepting their offer.

Thank you! Yes I did see that however since the grant amount has yet to be applied it wouldn’t make sense to apply for financing when the true total amount is not reflected yet. Also I didn’t see an option to provide a down payment? Was this applied when I made an order for the vehicle ?I’m just worried I will miss out on delivery this year since I did get a text notifying me I had 72 hours to complete my profile as of 12/11 to be in line for delivery. I just hate how long CVAP is taking considering October applications are already getting approved and I applied at the end of September

After feeling sad and dejected and even considering giving up on the grant (I had called at least once a week for them to keep telling me its in line to be reviewed.) I checked my application status online randomly tonight after checking the thread seeing other end of Sep applicants get response and FINALLY I am approved!!

I want to thank everyone who has ever commented on their status/experience as it was very helpful for me and was really the only thing that kept my patience and waiting on the grant. As a struggling millennial I really cannot afford this car without this assistance. thanks for being such a great community!

I applied September 29th
Approval December 13th status online

No email packet yet. Wondering when I will be expecting this and anything else in the mail. Going to be contacting my Tesla Rep asap.

After feeling sad and dejected and even considering giving up on the grant (I had called at least once a week for them to keep telling me its in line to be reviewed.) I checked my application status online randomly tonight after checking the thread seeing other end of Sep applicants get response and FINALLY I am approved!!

I want to thank everyone who has ever commented on their status/experience as it was very helpful for me and was really the only thing that kept my patience and waiting on the grant. As a struggling millennial I really cannot afford this car without this assistance. thanks for being such a great community!

I applied September 29th
Approval December 13th status online

No email packet yet. Wondering when I will be expecting this and anything else in the mail. Going to be contacting my Tesla Rep asap.

Congratulations on the approval!

it does seem odd they would do it on Sunday night, though. I guess working from home, they can choose when (or if) they work.

The only “down payment” you provide up front is the $100 order fee. The rest is provided through a mix of financing and your paying off the remainder when you show up to take delivery of your car. They’ll even accept a personal check.

That makes sense! Do you happen to know if I email Tesla financing for a lower interest rate, would I have to accept the first loan amount/interest rate first before emailing them ?

I have also been approved. I checked earlier this AM and I just checked again and my info got updated. I remember reading it takes about 3 days to receive the approval packet through email due to COVID.
Applied: Sept 30th
Approved: Dec 14

haha even getting the approval packet has a queue lets see how fast it takes them to get this out. Then theres the wait for a VIN sigh .

Reactions: yaya21
Does anyone know if CVRP (rebate program) is ok with
My name will be on the registration as a co-owner per Tesla. I checked with CVA and they are ok with two names, as long as my dad’s name is on the registration and the loan.

I know that CVA is ok with my name on my dad's registration (as a co-signer to his car loan) but what about CVRP (rebate program)? Does anyone know if that is going to impact my dad's eligibility for the CVRP? My dad's income is below but mine is over their limit. I sent an email to CVRP and waiting for their response.