Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clean Vehicle Assistance Program and Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would you say calling them every day helped to expedite the process?

Don’t call them every day if you JUST applied. There’s another month and a half of people they need to get through before they get to you. I called periodically (2 weeks after, a month after, 6 weeks after) and then after 60 days had passed since application day I increased to once every couple of days. Be patient; they’ll get to you. I wouldn’t count on getting an approval until March if you applied in January

Question guys.. I recently just applied to the program. I attached my 2019 transcript that shows my gross income as 0. Things obviously changed since then. Would my application be approved based on the experience of the group? Not sure what I can do get this rebate seeing as though the job I have now may be above the threshold.

Any advice would be appreciated

Would you say calling them every day helped to expedite the process?
My suggestion is call every week and get know which week they are working on. When they working on ur week. Call them and get know if u are in final stage. If that, just be patient and wait. Like someone said. If u apply at Jan. give at least 1 and half month for them. And check there to see which week people get approval.

Question guys.. I recently just applied to the program. I attached my 2019 transcript that shows my gross income as 0. Things obviously changed since then. Would my application be approved based on the experience of the group? Not sure what I can do get this rebate seeing as though the job I have now may be above the threshold.

Any advice would be appreciated
They may ask u provide another income file. But you can call them and find out.

Applied: 11/17/20
Moved to Final Approval Stage on 11/24/20 (no additional documents required)
Approved and received approval packet via email on: 01/27/21

Had to turn down (3) 2021 Model 3 SR VIN's waiting for this (Nov 30, Dec 18 & Jan 5th)

I also want to take advantage of the $2k GRID alternative but according to the approval packet I cannot start on this until I have had the vehicle for a month. However, was hoping I could have the charger installed now and submit for reimbursement? Also, I'm pretty sure I'm going to need to upgrade my 100 amp panel to 200 so the cost for this as well as running the 220 line + the charger is going to be well over the $2K. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Applied: 11/17/20
Moved to Final Approval Stage on 11/24/20 (no additional documents required)
Approved and received approval packet via email on: 01/27/21

Had to turn down (3) 2021 Model 3 SR VIN's waiting for this (Nov 30, Dec 18 & Jan 5th)

I also want to take advantage of the $2k GRID alternative but according to the approval packet I cannot start on this until I have had the vehicle for a month. However, was hoping I could have the charger installed now and submit for reimbursement? Also, I'm pretty sure I'm going to need to upgrade my 100 amp panel to 200 so the cost for this as well as running the 220 line + the charger is going to be well over the $2K. Has anyone had any experience with this?

I installed a Tesla Wall Connector and received my CVAP reimbursement. I already have a 200 amp panel but had to have a sub-panel installed because I didn't have enough space in my main panel. It was a little over $2,000 for both, and CVAP did reimburse $2,000. A couple of things to consider:

1. You are supposed to submit the paperwork for approval before you install the EVSE.
2. You MUST get a permit from the city and are required to submit the signed job card to get the reimbursement

I used my own electrician rather than the Grid Alternatives one. I wanted more control over the process. I was surprised at how fast everything was. The approval to do the work came the day after submission. The approval for reimbursement following the work came the day after as well. It was supposed to take up to 30 days to get the check and I got mine within a week.