Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clean Vehicle Assistance Program and Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
11/21 - Applied
1/12 3:00PM - Called and was told to send in additional documents
1/12 4:30PM - Provided additional documents same day
1/27 Moved to final review
2/3 11:00AM - Changed to "approved" status on website
2/3 5:13PM - Received approval email and approval packet in 2 separate emails
Thanks for all of that info. What additional documents were needed.

I applied on 12/9, so I'm thinking giving what they're working on I should get the approval late this month. I've emailed them and get a terse response that basically says "we're working on it, don't bug us." Not sure if a phone call will do anything for the process.

I'm planning on doing a 36 month lease, and I THINK the program still applies as long as it's at least 3 years. Anyone have any insight on that? Worse comes to worse I'll finance through Tesla and buy instead.

I got the approval package around 5pm on Thursday! The Fremont Team reached out to me for a delivery on the weekend, but I told them to hold it off. I checked my credit score and it hasn't updated all my payments so I haven't applied for the loan yet.
The next delivery looks to be in 1-2 weeks. I don't think you'll have to wait too long for it!
Update: I just checked the website and it says I am approved! I should be receiving my approval packet anytime now. I am in a similar situation, I am waiting for my CC payments to go through before I apply for a loan.

Hi!
What additional documents do they usually require? - I believe I uploaded all that was required. :)

PS. I applied on Jan 10, hopefully it will be approved by mid March.
I was only told to send in my new license since mine had expired during the process of approval. Other than that, as long as you submit a valid Drivers License and your required tax documents you should be fine. I believe they are working in early December applications currently.

Thanks for all of that info. What additional documents were needed.

I applied on 12/9, so I'm thinking giving what they're working on I should get the approval late this month. I've emailed them and get a terse response that basically says "we're working on it, don't bug us." Not sure if a phone call will do anything for the process.

I'm planning on doing a 36 month lease, and I THINK the program still applies as long as it's at least 3 years. Anyone have any insight on that? Worse comes to worse I'll finance through Tesla and buy instead.
There is no lease to buy program from TSLA. Do you think it's worth it?

already been wait almost 2 weeks to pick up my car. cavp told me the fund payout is delayed. they told me it was up 10 business days. right now it has already been 5 days. Does anyone have an idea?
I just submitted my order a few days ago, to my understanding we don’t need to notify Tesla we have the CVAP grant until the day we receive our car and apply it as a down payment? Or when do we apply the grant?

I just submitted my order a few days ago, to my understanding we don’t need to notify Tesla we have the CVAP grant until the day we receive our car and apply it as a down payment? Or when do we apply the grant?
I completed page 3 and sent it over to my SA. He said once the production for my car is completed then it will apply directly to the price and reflect on my Tesla account. I’m still waiting for my CC payments to reflect on my credit report before doing the loan application. Just to make sure :)

I completed page 3 and sent it over to my SA. He said once the production for my car is completed then it will apply directly to the price and reflect on my Tesla account. I’m still waiting for my CC payments to reflect on my credit report before doing the loan application. Just to make sure :)
I contacted my SA and told him about the grant. I had already been approved for the loan through Tesla so he told me to not confirm the loan yet until he submits the grant info. Just waiting to hear back from him. I emailed him my whole approval packet but only filled out page 3. Hopefully there isn’t any issues.

I was on the same boat as you waiting for my credit card payments to go through but luckily there was no issue being approved for the loan.

I contacted my SA and told him about the grant. I had already been approved for the loan through Tesla so he told me to not confirm the loan yet until he submits the grant info. Just waiting to hear back from him. I emailed him my whole approval packet but only filled out page 3. Hopefully there isn’t any issues.

I was on the same boat as you waiting for my credit card payments to go through but luckily there was no issue being approved for the loan.
What was your score when you did the loan, if you don't mind sharing? The differences between the 3 bureaus are quite significant for me.