Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clean Vehicle Assistance Program and Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On top of everything else I keep getting conflicting emails from them, yesterday I got an email saying my application is in the final stage of review, and when I called they said I was on the reservation list, today I get an email thanking me for my application saying it was in the queue for initial review, and if eligible I would be placed on the reservation list.

Unbelievable, I don't even know what my status is, anyone else getting these emails?

On top of everything else I keep getting conflicting emails from them, yesterday I got an email saying my application is in the final stage of review, and when I called they said I was on the reservation list, today I get an email thanking me for my application saying it was in the queue for initial review, and if eligible I would be placed on the reservation list.

Unbelievable, I don't even know what my status is, anyone else getting these emails?
I got the same email regarding the reservation list. It seems like they’re still going through applications and moving all the qualified people onto the reservation list. That way they can remove all the unqualified applicants while we all wait for our turn or more funding...

Can someone confirm if the total CVRP rebate amount for income under $51,040 is just $2500 or $2000 + increase of $2500?

If you make more then $50k year gross, don’t even bother, they will deny it. Like the posts above, this program isn’t designed to assist those fortunate enough to to afford a Tesla. It’s designed for the EV owner with a much lower income to help them buy a Chevy Volt. Lol
The Dave-Ramsey / suze-orman in me is screaming at the thought of folks making <$50k, buying a $60k vehicle. Please please please don’t do this. Lol.

1616645710921.jpeg

Reactions: ScoobyDoo82
The Dave-Ramsey / suze-orman in me is screaming at the though of folks making <$50k buying a $60k vehicle. Please please please don’t do this. Lol.

View attachment 647725
Im not sure where this whole narrative that you have to make less than 50k to qualify for CVRP, the standard rebate of $2500 is at 150k for single and 300k for joint filers. Now the increased amount does start at 51k but a tipical family of 4 is 104k, the same 104k to qualify for CVAP, if you could add the 5k+4500+1500, thags 11k so the model 3 becomes a 27k car more than reasonable for a family making 100k a year

Reactions: Sensae
72 months. From EECU credit union
ah thanks! EECU has strict geo guidelines for who can become a member, none of which I meet. Great rate though!!

Who knows, you are probably on the reservation list far ahead of me, I applied in Feb,

I applied on 1/1, and got the classic “your application has been reviewed and has been sent, given our protocols, to management” on March 16. Then the reservation list went into effect. Anyone have any clue what my chances are here?
Hard to say, just based on what was posted here i think the last approval I saw was from 12/19 (i could be wrong here) and going off of the data from the approval chart the last month reported was Sep. 2020, for 53 approvals, given the 8/2020 and 7/2020 were alot higher than that, it is probably safe to assume that 12/2020 had at least 60 applications, and just averaging that for the last 10 days gives as ~20 people ahead of you. These numbers could be totally wrong, as applications for december or the last approval date could not be correct, but it gives you a ballpark of where you stand. Now is a matter of how many people would actually use the money, but given that they probably know its out of funds they will prob pick up any inventory tesla and not be as picky on color or new features etc. Or they will missout on 5k.

Took delivery of my M3 SR+ this past weekend, but I just recieved this email from the CVAP people:

Dear CVA Program Participant,

Congratulations again on receiving an Approval Letter from the CVA Program. We hope your clean vehicle shopping is going well.

We wanted to inform you that the CVA Program now has a Reservation List in place. The Reservation List does not impact your application and funds are available if you choose to redeem a grant. The Reservation List is in place because all remaining funds are currently reserved by program participants like you who have completed a qualifying application and received an Approval Letter. The Reservation List will impact applicants who have not yet received an Approval Letter, but it will not impact you. However, if you decide you do not need the clean vehicle grant please withdraw your application. This will provide other participants the opportunity to purchase a clean vehicle during these critical times.

If you would like to learn more about the Reservation List, please visit the Announcement page on our website before calling the CVA Program team.

Thank you,

The Clean Vehicle Assistance Program team

Wonder what happens if Tesla doesn't finish the paperwork by the deadline...

Already got the car, so I guess it's no longer my problem if they get paid by CVAP or not 🙃

Took delivery of my M3 SR+ this past weekend, but I just recieved this email from the CVAP people:

Wonder what happens if Tesla doesn't finish the paperwork by the deadline...

Already got the car, so I guess it's no longer my problem if they get paid by CVAP or not 🙃
When did you apply for the CVAP?

I ordered our LR yesterday and estimated delivery is this Saturday through March 31st

i keeping follow this post. actually, i never buy a tesla. i can't afford it. but i buy a Toyota Prius prime. this program actually helps me. when i get the approval at end of Jan. and i waited until to end of Feb to get my car. cause the dealership does not give me the car until they received the money. every day i call CAVP. they told me my payout is delayed. finally, i get a nice lady. who tell me, there is a line for payouts with 400 Telsa waiting. Only me is no tesla. I know tesla is a good maker. and model 3 is a good model. and if u get the approval, u can pick car immeditely. it's hard to say, but i can tell this program has a little been abused.

Reactions: bryan995