Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cleaning hard water stains

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Umm, yeah, a big no to Bar Keepers Friend on paint or glass. Would prob leave micro scratches. Run off from the glass light aettle on your paint, which would be a bigger issue. Try any quick detailing spray first while drying the car. Unless you have extremely hard/mineralized water, that should work.

A few months ago I took my mother out to lunch at a fancy restaurant. I parked my mother's SUV right next to a very nice flower garden and went in.

Little did I know, the sprinkler system turned on for around 50 minutes (according to the hostess), and sprayed all the driver side of the black SUV with really hard water that got etched on the paint and windows due to the intense heat and direct sunlight.

When we got back to my mother's house, I called my detailer, who told me to use this product. It got the job done, but it took a good amount of tries and A LOT of elbow grease.

Just my 2¢.

Last edited:
Use full strength vinegar. For some reason the water spots on the windshield after washing are like no other. The spots on the paint came off with some detail spray. On the windshield I tried Invisible Glass, Windex (both ammonia and vinegar based) and Mr. Clean industrial glass cleaner. 100% vinegar was the only thing that took them off.