Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cleaning MY glass roof

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Anyone have any good tips/product links for cleaning the Model Y glass roof? I’ve been using Meguiar's Perfect Clarity Glass Cleaner once a week which seems to get it nice and clear but it’s a nightmare trying to stand in the car and reach the entire roof with a micro fibre towel. Thinking maybe I need some sort of telescopic brush to clean things more easily.​

Anyone have any good tips/product links for cleaning the Model Y glass roof? I’ve been using Meguiar's Perfect Clarity Glass Cleaner once a week which seems to get it nice and clear but it’s a nightmare trying to stand in the car and reach the entire roof with a micro fibre towel. Thinking maybe I need some sort of telescopic brush to clean things more easily.​

Not a good tip but I just leave it to the car wash people to clean it :cool:

1653902242558.png

I second the small step.

The problem with telescopic poles is that you can't quite get the right pressure to clean the glass. You need to stand a lot higher to get sufficient downward pressure with a pole.
Also unless it takes a generic cloth you can be limited in the amount of cleaning you do. I have a small telescopic one for the inside windscreen and I needed additional cloths just to do the whole screen.

I use Angelwax H2Go once every 6 months or so and that seems to minimise the need for cleaning.

Once I’ve cleaned mine (M3) I apply Rain X. Tends to keep it clean for a while and also makes pretty patterns when it rains
RainX make a glass cleaner with RainX included so I use that saves a second step of cleaning then rainX. I agree though I am not tall and I find the M3 roof hard enough to do. When I get my Y it will be even worse.

I second the small step.

The problem with telescopic poles is that you can't quite get the right pressure to clean the glass. You need to stand a lot higher to get sufficient downward pressure with a pole.
Also unless it takes a generic cloth you can be limited in the amount of cleaning you do. I have a small telescopic one for the inside windscreen and I needed additional cloths just to do the whole screen.

I use Angelwax H2Go once every 6 months or so and that seems to minimise the need for cleaning.
I'd be keen to know what that telescopic inside windshield cleaner is.

I'd be keen to know what that telescopic inside windshield cleaner is.
Still haven't made it to the shed with my phone but it's this item here:

I got mine from Lidl or Aldi though.

Still haven't made it to the shed with my phone but it's this item here:

I got mine from Lidl or Aldi though.
Lovely, thank you!

Are we talking outside or inside the car? Outside I often use Autoglym Extra Gloss protection as a drying aid. Wipe on with a microfibre towel and you'll be amazed at how much water transfers from the car to the cloth, a few mins later you'll see a haze on the glass or paint, and really easy to buff off. It does assume you can reach though. It's really useful in winter too when the car never seems to dry.

Rain X is good once applied well, but I find it difficult to get the glass clear during the application process.

• Informative
Reactions: Beady3647