Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cleaning the floor mats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all
Those of you who have kept the original floor mats, how do you clean them ? Would it be ok to machine wash them ? I’ve a M3 but guessing it’s the same material across the entire range.
Thanks in advance for sharing your tips !

I replaced my carpet mats with all seasons. But carpet mats from other cars I have, I threw them in washing machine (not my washing machine to prevent it breaking the machine) and tumble dry low.
I have been reading that mats with rubber shouldn't be machine washed. I feel like the edges of the Tesla mat is made of rubber & therefore I've been reluctant to throw it in my machine. It would be a lot easier though if I could do it !

Hi there. Cleaning your Tesla floor mats is crucial to maintain that sleek look. While I can't vouch for the specifics without knowing the material, a general tip is to avoid machine washing. Typically, gentle handwashing with a mild detergent and warm water should do the trick. A soft brush can help remove stubborn dirt. Make sure to let them air dry thoroughly before putting them back.

If you're considering new mats, check out TESERY for Tesla floor mats. They often have tailored options designed for a perfect fit, adding both protection and style to your Tesla.😁

I have an upright Hoover rug shampoo/cleaner I use for my rugs in the house. Could I use my cleaner for original MY mats?
Using a rug shampoo/cleaner designed for household rugs on your car mats might not be the most suitable option. Car mats are subjected to different conditions and materials compared to household rugs.

It's recommended to use a cleaner specifically formulated for automotive interiors. There are several car mat cleaners available on the market that are designed to effectively clean and maintain car carpets and mats without causing damage. These products are often tailored to deal with common issues in car interiors, such as stains, spills, and odors.

Always check the product labels and instructions to ensure compatibility with your car mats, and test a small, inconspicuous area first to make sure there are no adverse effects.