Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clear things up. New drive unit = uncorking?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My september 2016 Model S 75 is ineligible for uncorking.

Today my vehicle was in for an error message and Tesla is replacing my drive unit.

Tesla told me the uncorking requires a certain battery pack and firmare so i will still be ineligible.

What threads clarify/back this up? Cant find the old threads that arent mostly speculation

The uncorking hardware upgrade is in the form of replacement contacts on the battery pack. It's small hardware change. It's not been confirmed, but I suspect that improved longevity and thus reduced warranty costs of the new iconel contacts was the primary drive behind the uncorking program; getting quicker acceleration was merely a bonus.

My september 2016 Model S 75 is ineligible for uncorking.

Today my vehicle was in for an error message and Tesla is replacing my drive unit.

Tesla told me the uncorking requires a certain battery pack and firmare so i will still be ineligible.

What threads clarify/back this up? Cant find the old threads that arent mostly speculation

What is your 0-60? After July, the new order page started to show 4.3-.2 for the 75D cars. Since yours is a September built car, it should already be “uncorked”.

65398050-7A7E-4C78-8140-B8C62389CCB6.png
Ill steal my thread and add the repair sheet.
The tech told me i had water and coolant leak into my Drive Unit through the rubber seals.

He said there are 3 ways water can get into the drive unit which will cause it to fail and that it happens occasionaly on our cars.