Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Climate Change Denial

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe it’s:
Hydro, Land wind, land solar, batteries and microreactors
Do we keep and open mind to this new nuclear form factor?
1695238180052.png

Unfortunate in some respects, but understandable given that worldwide supplies are restricted both by OPEC and Russian production and the sanctions. A sudden drop in supply and attendant rise in prices would be catastrophic to many world wide. We are no where near capable of an overnight transition to renewables as a planet, unfortunately. An serious overnight drop in supply of petroleum products would be so disruptive that it would be counterproductive to the transition overall. There would be revolts. As it is, the Slovak Republic just elected an anti-US/pro Russia party largely due to fuel prices being high.

Its just too bad that US producers are having record profits based on the situation, and we taxpayers are still subsidizing them to the tune of billions of dollars.

Reactions: CyberGus and mspohr
Reactions: DrGriz and kpanda17

ERCOT needs to be renamed ERCUT as in cut your power.

New Texas rule, EVs can only accelerate as fast as ICE. LOL
They have to handicap renewable energy so they can keep fossil fuel plants running.

• Informative
Reactions: DrGriz

Proof that climate change is caused by man! Especially those who use emission defeat devices and coal roll! ;)

Had a couple of summers with infestation of grasshoppers in Las Vegas, never had that problem before as far as I know.

Last edited:
Reactions: mspohr and DrGriz
How does anyone deny this?

1700094583636.png

I call posers anyone not interested, acknowledging those limited by means and where they are in life, and to not be all in:

Kill off using ICEv
Plan on solar and not using gas or oil in the home
Don’t use gas powered tools

We have limits but our family is trying

EVs done, waiting on the kids abilities for their conversion and M2
Budgeting and planning on solar, PW, charge on solar, VPP
Heat pump AC and Heat
Heat pump dryer, hot water heater
Etc

Driving a hybrid in 2023 is being a poser
Get your head on straight, go pure EV

Proof that climate change is caused by man! Especially those who use emission defeat devices and coal roll! ;)

Had a couple of summers with infestation of grasshoppers in Las Vegas, never had that problem before as far as I know.
Mike Johnson is weird

Reactions: DrGriz
Driving a hybrid in 2023 is being a poser
Get your head on straight, go pure EV
CCS in Maine. The green blobs are open CCS. The Purple are planned to be built in 2024.
Purple planned missing Rockland, ME and Augusta, ME which should be Tesla NEVI and should be built in 2024.
A lot of those DCFC are pairs of 62kW, with some allowing 125kW unshared if you have a 800V EV.
1700416362972.png

Superchargers in Maine:
Red blobs are open. That red blob at the top isn't in Maine. It's Saint Leonard, NB across the border from Van Buren, ME.
The blue line is from the Medway, ME to Madawaska, ME. It's 159 miles.
Crappy, overcrowded, slow Freeport, ME to Ellsworth, ME on US-1 is 121.9 miles. Tesla has a NEVI award for the Hannaford in Rockland, ME
1700416442762.png

Oh, and it gets cold in winter and we have outage. Sometimes people have outages that last a week.

Maybe at some point we'll have the reliable, ubiquitous fast charging infrastructure and people will be able to go everywhere.
Maine is a relatively small state by US standards.

In a couple of years there should be a lot more infrastructure such that most people can do all their journeys in an EV.
In 5 years maybe EVs won't be will be as expensive so there will be fewer cost barriers.

A friend has a PHEV. She was a home hospice nurse, driving around to peoples houses giving care. Did that whatever the weather and whether or not they had an outage at home.