Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Climate Change Denial

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With CO2 we have ice ages. Water vapor is the dominant greenhouse gas by the way. Without CO2, there would be no life on earth. The ocean and atmosphere goes through multidecadal warming and cooling cycles. Four decades of warming does not mean it will warm through the end of time.
Four decades and 1C is supposed to be the limit? I think you are now making stuff up as you go.

A decade ago climate science critics were telling everyone the temperatures were already falling, they supposedly could tell from their statistical and/or trend analysis or whatever, while climate scientists said it's just the usual variations. Climate scientists were right, the trend continued. Nobody apologized for misleading us, as far as I know. Trend is as strong as ever.

You would immediately slander him if he was a Bush or Trump Administration scientist. Since he worked for Obama, you are disturbed by that.
Nonsense, what I said is what I would say.

At this point you seem to be just trolling, I'll move on unless something more worthwhile comes up.

With CO2 we have ice ages. Water vapor is the dominant greenhouse gas by the way. Without CO2, there would be no life on earth. The ocean and atmosphere goes through multidecadal warming and cooling cycles. Four decades of warming does not mean it will warm through the end of time.

With CO2 at 180pm we have Ice Ages. Not at 280. Water Vapor is a feed back. Less CO2, Less H2O.

Adiabatic compression.
No. While compressing a gas heats it, on Venus it then radiates that heat into space and in a short time you have cold much less dense atmosphere in the absence of the greenhouse effect.

Here let me show you the physics so it’s harder for your to deny it.

Stefan-Boltzman Law
J* = sigma*T^4
Where J* is in watts/m^2
Sigma is a constant
2a8d9f3250ec1ad542a240ec4f24b81b7a790822

And T is the temperature to the fourth

The average energy reaching the top of the Venusian atmosphere is 662w/m^2 but only 25% make through due its albedo (you can verify this yourself by simply looking at it. Venus is very bright because it reflects so much light due to the Sulfer dioxide in the upper atmosphere)

So
662 W/m^2 * .25 = 165.5W/m^2 at the surface.

Now we know the temperature at the surface is 735K

j* = sigma* 735^4
J* = 16500 W/m^2

16500 W/m^2 does not equal 165 W/m^2 so this system is not anywhere near equilibrium. Therefore, in the absence of the greenhouse effect which you deny CO2 is cable of, the hot side (the surface) is going to cool until is in equilibrium around 232K.

It sure seems like your adiabatic compression model doesn’t conform to known physics.

Four decades and 1C is supposed to be the limit? I think you are now making stuff up as you go.

A decade ago climate science critics were telling everyone the temperatures were already falling, they supposedly could tell from their statistical and/or trend analysis or whatever, while climate scientists said it's just the usual variations. Climate scientists were right, the trend continued. Nobody apologized for misleading us, as far as I know. Trend is as strong as ever.

Nonsense, what I said is what I would say.

At this point you seem to be just trolling, I'll move on unless something more worthwhile comes up.
The only thing you global warming alarmists can hang your hat on during the past 10 years is the Super El Nino even of 2016.

So the atmospheric pressure on Venus is always increasing??? Pretty sure it's been at ~90Bar for the last ~Billion years or so. Any heat from Adiabatic compression is long since radiated away. So.... why is Venus hotter than Mercury?
Do you know the atmospheric conditions of Venus a billion years ago? Of course not. But we do know Venus has an extremely dense atmosphere now. And now, I just caught you in a contradiction. How would the heat just radiate away if the clouds are trapping it? You did not think that through too well.

Do you know the atmospheric conditions of Venus a billion years ago? Of course not. But we do know Venus has an extremely dense atmosphere now. And now, I just caught you in a contradiction. How would the heat just radiate away if the clouds are trapping it? You did not think that through too well.

Totally explains why green houses are 100% insulated and never gets cooler. Also explains why Eskimos now live in Green Houses instead of igloos. LOL

Oh so the atmosphere of Venus can trap heat now? Glad you've come around. Let's look at the makeup of the Venusian atmosphere:

1374177879538.jpg

96.5% CO2 which scatters infrared (heat) photons. with traces of SO2 which reflects visible light (sunlight) photons. Makes perfect sense. not a lot energy gets in and not a lot gets out.