Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Climate Change Denial

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone once said that if you keep repeating a lie, people will eventually believe it. LOL

BTW, no problem here...

why are the fire fighters burning more oil in their ships engines to hose water on the sea o_O?

OT As Mary Schmich said to the class of ‘97: Accept certain inalienable truths: Prices will rise. Politicians will philander. You, too, will get old. And Climates will change.

Put your eyes on this sea ice thickness map.
Put your eyes on this graph. It shows 2021 consistently below the 04-13 average. Also notice how 2018 actually went above average for a time but overall it was below, so don't get too excited if there is a similar temporary rise this year as well. Your constant cherry picking of snapshots in time isn't fooling anyone but yourself.

1625406015282.png

Reactions: Norbert
Put your eyes on this graph. It shows 2021 consistently below the 04-13 average. Also notice how 2018 actually went above average for a time but overall it was below, so don't get too excited if there is a similar temporary rise this year as well. Your constant cherry picking of snapshots in time isn't fooling anyone but yourself.

It actually shows all of 2017-2021 on or below the average of 2004-2013, except for June-August 2018.

As far as I understand, climate science expects the trend to increase exponentially long term (20-80 years), while there are still a lot of unknowns. That may sound like a time far away, however the problem is that the causes are also long term developments that are difficult to reverse or even stop, unless we start right now. Not only because CO2 stays in the atmosphere for a long time.

In the US, in the last years 2018-2020, the market share of new electric cars (non-hybrid) has remained around 2%. That's nice but far from enough and also below the world average. Individual car purchases by themselves are an important start yet much more is needed. Political action is required. Now.

In climate vs. weather dynamics, it is not uncommon that within the irregular "zig-zags" of a long-term trend, there are "zags" that sometimes look like a 10-15 years stagnation in a specific graph. Even the global mean surface temperatures have those as well when it goes from an unusual high to an unusual low. You have to look at it in a context of 40-50 years to see if it is really that unusual. It isn't if you look at the long term trendline.
So, are you trying to say that you can determine from 40-50 years that the trend established will never change back? That doesn't seem too scientific to me. Satellite data is the most accurate data we have for measuring temperature and sea ice. But it is only 40 years. Neither of us can be absolutely certain about what is going on with 40 years of data. My interpretation is that we've had some warming and melting during the past four decades. But that trend is slowing down, if not, stopped. Climate alarmists have taken the trend of the 1980s, 1990s, and early 2000s and extrapolated that out to an exceptionally hot earth and an ice free Arctic. Well, that has turned out to be false. The Arctic ice did not melt away, and the global mean temperature has stabilized. Currently, the latest temperature of the earth is -0.01 deg. C below the 1991-2020 global mean temperature. You alarmists think that is a one off. I don't. I see it as a multidecadal cycle. Another decade will reveal who is right and who is wrong.

Yes, again, the only spot on earth that is cooling. More cherry picking of data.
You global warming alarmists were all over Greenland when it was melting back in 2012. It was your front and center example of human-caused global warming; adversely affecting our planet, and that it would lead to a dramatic sea level rise, resulting in millions of deaths. Well, Greenland is no longer working too well for your hysterical global warming narrative. And climate realists like me gladly point that out.

Don't know much about sea ice extent specifically (so likely won't engage in a discussion), just found this graph:

View attachment 680003
Maybe you could claim there is an upward trend since 2016, or that the number for 2021 is higher than 2004.

However what I see is a downward trend.
It is a downward trend based on the 1979-2021 endpoints. From 2004 to 2021, it is a flatline. You are making the mistake that with 4 decades, you can assume the trend will go down to zero. Climate does not work that way.

It is a downward trend based on the 1979-2021 endpoints. From 2004 to 2021, it is a flatline. You are making the mistake that with 4 decades, you can assume the trend will go down to zero. Climate does not work that way.

Flatline or not, it is within the range of fluctuations around the trendline. As I have said was the case with the trend of the global mean surface temperatures, even though that is a much larger dataset. That had several periods that you could look at as flatlines, or as flcutuations around the trend. So the "deniers" made that argument 10-20 years ago, yet the trend re-established. It's not a deviation from the expected behavior.

You don't seem to get that point, and I am repeating myself.

EDIT: PLus, climate science don't just look at a statistical trend, they analyze the situation in depth as much as they can, to understand the development and not just extrapolate it.

You alarmists think that is a one off. I don't. I see it as a multidecadal cycle. Another decade will reveal who is right and who is wrong.

Not a one off. Just a fluctuation like there have been several in climate vs. weather dynamics. The global mean temperatures have continued their trend in the same time.

In another decade, it will be too late and/or too difficult to do anything about it. Currently we just have to do things that make sense anyway (more or less). If we postpone further, we will need to do things that are increasingly unpleasant and expensive.

It's too late to wait any longer. You already played that game for too long.

Last edited:

View attachment 681294
Not fooling anybody. Just simply pointing out that the Arctic ice is not melting away to oblivion like so many of you believe.

Flatline or not, it is within the range of fluctuations around the trendline. As I have said was the case with the trend of the global mean surface temperatures, even though that is a much larger dataset. That had several periods that you could look at as flatlines, or as flcutuations around the trend. So the "deniers" made that argument 10-20 years ago, yet the trend re-established. It's not a deviation from the expected behavior.

You don't seem to get that point, and I am repeating myself.

EDIT: PLus, climate science don't just look at a statistical trend, they analyze the situation in depth as much as they can, to understand the development and not just extrapolate it.

Not a one off. Just a fluctuation like there have been several in climate vs. weather dynamics. The global mean temperatures have continued their trend in the same time.

In another decade, it will be too late and/or too difficult to do anything about it. Currently we just have to do things that make sense anyway (more or less). If we postpone further, we will need to do things that are increasingly unpleasant and expensive.

It's too late to wait any longer. You already played that game for too long.
You must be following AOC's silly lead that we only have 9 years to go before the Climate Apocalypse arrives.