Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Climate Change Denial

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought you global warming fanatics always told us that the sun had nothing to do with climate change. It is 100% human-caused!
No you're just incapable of understanding that short term fluctuations such as the sunspot cycle can influence short term changes but have nothing to do with the overall long term trajectory. Anyone doing a bit of investigating will know that the last sunspot cycle was lower than usual which could easily explain why the temperature rise we've seen was not as pronounced as some expected. That would also mean that if the next cycle rebounds higher we will likely see even more extreme temperatures and greater melting. If it's another weak cycle then we'll see less heating, which is good in the short term but irrelevant regarding the long term effects of continued greenhouse gas emissions. The worst part is it will give people such as yourself the appearance that nothing bad is happening when in truth it's just being hidden temporarily.

The last Solar Cycle 24 was a historic under-performer, starting from early 2011 (based on the termination of Cycle 23). This lackluster cycle produced a sunspot number of just 116, and featured a year (2019) with over 281 spotless days (that’s 77% of the year) for the Earthward face of the Sun, the longest dearth of sunspots in over century.

Not fooling anybody. Just simply pointing out that the Arctic ice is not melting away to oblivion like so many of you believe.
Not yet. See above.

That is old data - stops at 2010. Here is the latest and greatest from UAH:

The global mean temperature anomaly for June 2021 is measured at -0.01 deg C. In other words, the global temperature is normal.
God damn did I call it. Thanks for proving my point!

At any rate you are saying incorrectly that your buddy at UAH is saying a fraction of a fraction of global warming has stopped.

GW_Components_1024.jpg

In climate vs. weather dynamics, it is not uncommon that within the irregular "zig-zags" of a long-term trend, there are "zags" that sometimes look like a 10-15 years stagnation in a specific graph. Even the global mean surface temperatures have those as well when it goes from an unusual high to an unusual low. You have to look at it in a context of 40-50 years to see if it is really that unusual. It isn't if you look at the long term trendline.
Exactly

I thought you global warming fanatics always told us that the sun had nothing to do with climate change. It is 100% human-caused!
No. That’s the straw man you keep beating. We have however mentioned the suns output is slightly down this last cycle yet the Earth has continued to warm instead of cool which is what it would have done if it was in thermal equilibrium

The time to start doing something meaningful is already beyond acceptable. There, I did it.
And what those who think like you want to do is not meaningful, not rational, and is harmful to America. The Green New Deal will destroy America. And I suspect that is the main goal of AOC, Omar, Markey and the rest of them who support the program.

What you write is just more of the same silly climate change hysteria I read everywhere else.

Are you talking about the position that is backed by the vast majority of climate scientists, or perhaps something more specific?

Scientists don't easily agree on anything by such an amount, and it goes far beyond partisan devides.

The fact that you read about it everywhere else is because there is a reason to it. Imagine that.

No you're just incapable of understanding that short term fluctuations such as the sunspot cycle can influence short term changes but have nothing to do with the overall long term trajectory. Anyone doing a bit of investigating will know that the last sunspot cycle was lower than usual which could easily explain why the temperature rise we've seen was not as pronounced as some expected. That would also mean that if the next cycle rebounds higher we will likely see even more extreme temperatures and greater melting. If it's another weak cycle then we'll see less heating, which is good in the short term but irrelevant regarding the long term effects of continued greenhouse gas emissions. The worst part is it will give people such as yourself the appearance that nothing bad is happening when in truth it's just being hidden temporarily.

Not yet. See above.
You silly global warming alarmists have been predicting an ice-free Arctic for not only years, but decades now!

And when that forecast fails, you keep pushing it back. When that one fails, push it back again.

And if 2012 didn't pan out, let's go for 2013!

And on and on it goes. You silly global warming alarmists keep shaking your fists at the sky year after year, and keep screaming, "MELT DAMMIT MELT!"

And what those who think like you want to do is not meaningful, not rational, and is harmful to America. The Green New Deal will destroy America. And I suspect that is the main goal of AOC, Omar, Markey and the rest of them who support the progra

Bait and switch to partisan politics? Let me hear your solution. You are still denying the problem.

Are you talking about the position that is backed by the vast majority of climate scientists, or perhaps something more specific?

Scientists don't easily agree on anything by such an amount, and it goes far beyond partisan devides.

The fact that you read about it everywhere else is because there is a reason to it. Imagine that.
In today's science "climate," the only way to get funding for atmospheric research is to include an anthropogenic factor into the proposal. This was confirmed by a colleague of mine working for the National Hurricane Center. Dr. Richard Lindzen advised his students at MIT to not speak out against AGW because their careers will be cut short.