Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Climate Change Denial

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Allow the free market to provide our energy and transportation needs. Government should butt out!

What, are you saying the free market is forbidden to provide a solution? The problem is, it hasn't and still doesn't. If anyone should butt out, it's the unregulated free market fanatics.

So what is your solution? Or still denying the problem?

And what those who think like you want to do is not meaningful, not rational, and is harmful to America. The Green New Deal will destroy America. And I suspect that is the main goal of AOC, Omar, Markey and the rest of them who support the program.

I'm pretty sure it was the rioters assaulting the Capital who literally wanted to destroy America.

Our wind energy program had a lot of government intervention in the form of subsidies. So, our problem in Texas was going all in for solar and wind due to government incentives. Gov Abbott ordered ERCOT to make sure we have enough nuclear, natural gas, and coal available to backup the next wind turbine failure.

Of course, the more obvious solution of Interconnection and also Winterizing the Wind Turbines are out of the question.

Hey, shouldn't you be building a wall? A seawall?

Freedumb! LOL

Reactions: CyberGus
Isn't it odd how behind every statement denying the reality of AGW is a libertardian nut-job? Weird. It's almost as if the position is 110% driven by an ideological virus and ~0% by anything even remotely resembling facts or evidence.....
Libertarian leaning folks like me just simply look at the volume of data that is available to the public. For example, Greenland ice core data indicates that the Holocene has been warmer than today.

Natural climate variation is real. You silly alarmists think our current global mean temperature is abnormally warm due to human factors.

• Disagree
Reactions: eevee-fan
I am sure the world is focusing on how 'orderly' and 'non-violent' the protest went in the Jan 6 riot in DC and see this as the model of democracy in the world.

Libertarian 'freedom fighters' are everywhere... Alive and well in China too!

I am sure those condo owners in FL were really happy with low price until the building collapsed. For those who were not at home, looks like they hit a jackpot... like how Drumpf would file for 'damages' on his property with the insurance company after hurricanes.

The TX residents who felt paying $10 more a month is out of the question and they'd rather buy their own backup generators, which still does not address the problem of winterization, feel the same.

Oh, and on the new gun rights signed in TX...Totally addresses gun violence. LOL

Just more freedumb. LOL

Last edited:
If there's one thing that both Liberals and Conservatives can agree on, it's our contempt for libertarians
Why are there no libertarian countries? Although there have been experiments none have lasted past their nascent beginnings.

Like many bad plans no pure libertarian rule ever survive implementation. Each experiment seems to have succumbed to its primary ethos, self-interest. Based on the belief that individualism and some universally accepted moral code would result in spontaneous order. In the end self-interest became, well self-interest (go figure) as nearsightedness, decentralization, and self-regulation systematically eroded public infrastructure and starved each community. Less than tribal.

Why are there no libertarian countries? Although there have been experiments none have lasted past their nascent beginnings.

Like many bad plans no pure libertarian rule ever survive implementation. Each experiment seems to have succumbed to its primary ethos, self-interest. Based on the belief that individualism and some universally accepted moral code would result in spontaneous order. In the end self-interest became, well self-interest (go figure) as nearsightedness, decentralization, and self-regulation systematically eroded public infrastructure and starved each community. Less than tribal.
There's really no difference between the end state of a libertarian utopia and a communist utopia. It'll always end up with a few with everything and most with nothing because they rely on ideal people not real ones.

Might have to add this to my list...

A Generation of Sociopaths: How the Baby Boomers Betrayed America

'Acting without empathy, prudence, or respect for facts - acting, in other words, as sociopaths - the boomers turned American dynamism into stagnation, inequality, and bipartisan fiasco. The boomers have set a time bomb for the 2030s, when damage to Social Security, public finances, and the environment will become catastrophic and possibly irreversible - and when, not coincidentally, boomers will be dying off.'

'Acting without empathy, prudence, or respect for facts - acting, in other words, as sociopaths - the boomers turned American dynamism into stagnation, inequality, and bipartisan fiasco. The boomers have set a time bomb for the 2030s, when damage to Social Security, public finances, and the environment will become catastrophic and possibly irreversible - and when, not coincidentally, boomers will be dying off.'

Boomers enjoyed the fruits of their parents labors from the Great New Deal - before they were born and a few were just babies. Now they are unwilling to renew the infrastructure for the next generation - basically paying back. So much for their so called "work ethics". Looks like just a group loving getting HANDOUTS - talk about LEACHES!

Boomers enjoyed the fruits of their parents labors from the Great New Deal - before they were born and a few were just babies. Now they are unwilling to renew the infrastructure for the next generation - basically paying back. So much for their so called "work ethics". Looks like just a group loving getting HANDOUTS - talk about LEACHES!
Please don't put us all in one basket--but I know what your getting at. I have many friends who think they pulled themselves up by their own bootstraps but had many advantages. Good thing they had boots. ;)

"The most important thing about sociopaths is that they really — they don't have a great sense of obligations to others." ~ Bruce Gibney

Attribution study shows about a 1 in 1000 chance of the heatwave occuring with todays climate but only a 1 in 150,000 chance with the preindustrial climate. It's basically not possible without the extra warming over the last 150 years.

• Informative
Reactions: eevee-fan and JRP3