Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Climate Change Denial

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sea levels have been rising steadily for about 6 thousand years, since the last glaciation melt slowed down

About 3.5 mm a year

Old pictures prove there has been little rise in sea levels vs now
View attachment 701486La Jolla beach, the old pic is from 1871

View attachment 701489
No acceleration in the tidal gauge data, which is the most reliable

The oceans will drop again when the next glaciation hits

I guess that's the only spot on earth where sea level did not appear to rise - just like Greenland being used as an example because it is cooling while the rest of the globe is warming.

Well, how about those islands being evacuated due to sea rise?

I guess that's the only spot on earth where sea level did not appear to rise - just like Greenland being used as an example because it is cooling while the rest of the globe is warming.

Well, how about those islands being evacuated due to sea rise?
What islands do you speak of?

Tidal gauges around the world tell the same story, some land is rising and or subsiding of course.

Reactions: MitchP85D
Sea levels have been rising steadily for about 6 thousand years, since the last glaciation melt slowed down

About 3.5 mm a year

Old pictures prove there has been little rise in sea levels vs now
View attachment 701486La Jolla beach, the old pic is from 1871

View attachment 701489
No acceleration in the tidal gauge data, which is the most reliable

The oceans will drop again when the next glaciation hits

So..... clearly it WASN'T warmer in the 1930s or sea levels would have been HIGHER than they are today. >70% of sea level rise is thermal expansion.

I know you're confounded by contactless thermometers that use IR... but you DO understand how regular liquid thermometers work.... right? If the liquid is lower then the thermometer is cooler... higher and it's warmer. The oceans are the ~same.

Last edited:
I believe this contradicts your position, unless I'm misinterpreting the chart.

View attachment 701079
Not a contradiction. Do you know what caused the dip? I'll tell you. Antarctica had an ice compaction event in 2016. The ice around Antarctica expanded to all-time highs right before strong poleward winds compacted the ice and dropped it down to a minimum in a short period of time. The NSIDC reported on this, and there was no indication that AGW influences had anything to do with the ice compaction event. The Antarctic ice has rebounded quite rapidly since the 2017 minimum. Have a look.

Screenshot (8).png
Screenshot (8).png

So..... clearly it WASN'T warmer in the 1930s or sea levels would have been HIGHER than they are today. >70% of sea level rise is thermal expansion.

I know you're confounded by contactless thermometers that use IR... but you DO understand how regular liquid thermometers work.... right? If the liquid is lower then the thermometer is cooler... higher and it's warmer. The oceans are the ~same.
Circular reasoning! “It couldn’t have been warmer in the 1930’s because the oceans would have been higher”

Care to share your science on this?

Look at the raw USGHCN daily data and the news coverage of the 30’s

The 1930s were FAR warmer than now
Take 2 Tony Heller’s and call me in the morning

Reactions: MitchP85D

Sea level is rising because we are in the post Little Ice Age era now, And there is nothing alarming about it.

Reactions: SummerlinChiro
Circular reasoning! “It couldn’t have been warmer in the 1930’s because the oceans would have been higher”

Care to share your science on this?

Look at the raw USGHCN daily data and the news coverage of the 30’s

The 1930s were FAR warmer than now
Take 2 Tony Heller’s and call me in the morning

Um.... no.... it WASN'T warmer in the 1930s because the oceans WEREN'T higher. Just like it was colder last night than this after noon because the red line in the thermometer was lower.

'Global Warming' refers to the biosphere. The oceans are a part of the biosphere. If ocean circulation changed to increase the rate at which the oceans take heat from the atmosphere and the atmosphere actually cooled a bit like during a La Nina does that mean Global Warming stopped? Of course not... it's just going more into the oceans.

Last edited:
Do you claim to be more knowledgeable about climate than Dr. Steven Koonin? I assume that you aren't. And I reckon that is a highly accurate assumption.
Do you yet understand that the Dr. admits humans have influenced the climate, completely the opposite of your entire position? So even the not-a-climate-scientist physicist disagrees with you.

Looks like the Arctic ice is recovering quite well this year. The Arctic ice extent is considerably higher than last year, plus the satellite era minimum of 2012.
This statement suggests that you believe Arctic ice extent is increasing.
Better yet - let's check out the entire world - checkmate!
This statement suggests that you believe worldwide extent is increasing. And you thought you had a "checkmate."
Not a contradiction. Do you know what caused the dip? I'll tell you. Antarctica had an ice compaction event in 2016. The ice around Antarctica expanded to all-time highs right before strong poleward winds compacted the ice and dropped it down to a minimum in a short period of time. The NSIDC reported on this, and there was no indication that AGW influences had anything to do with the ice compaction event. The Antarctic ice has rebounded quite rapidly since the 2017 minimum. Have a look.
This statement suggests you cannot admit when you are wrong so you try to refocus the discussion away.

You can admit you were incorrect on this, or admit you're trolling. Your choice.

Just invalidated your old photo post then.
The land that is rising and the land that is subsiding is well documented. The land that is rising is where the glacial ice used to be during the last glaciation. When that ice melted, the compressed land beneath the ice rises like a sponge. There are several tide gauges that show falling sea levels in the northern latitudes due to this reason. Subsiding land shows faster than normal sea level rises. Geologically stable areas are the best places to use tide gauge data. And those stable areas indicate about a 1/2 foot per century sea level rise. We can handle that. Nothing alarming about it.

Reactions: SummerlinChiro