Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Climate Change Denial

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Incorrect... Manufacturing is a small portion of their total annual emissions.
Denial is not the solution. We need China to partner on the use of clean energy.

View attachment 799140
“Manufacturing is a small portion…”

/shows graph with manufacturing #2 on the list 😆

What do you suppose a significant proportion of those emissions from electricity, industry, and transport are actually supporting?

I suspect it’s a way to address cognitive dissonance and insulate our fragile psyches from having to entertain real change.
“I can’t change China, so I’ll just do nothing.”
I think you're misunderstanding my position... I'm all for real change and agree that we must do our part.

The key concept is to accept the reality that both parties need to work on a global solution to be effective.

Last edited:
Reactions: dhrivnak
Please re-read the article - you are looking at the chart for historical emissions 1750-2020.

China is responsible for over double our current CO2 emissions (29%) vs the United States (14%).

We need to acknowledge this fact if we are serious about climate change. China must be part of the solution.
And who is buying all the stuff that they’re making? Western countries. So if you add up our CO2 and the stuff that they’re making and that we’re consuming once it’s been delivered we’re assholes to this planet.

And who is buying all the stuff that they’re making? Western countries. So if you add up our CO2 and the stuff that they’re making and that we’re consuming once it’s been delivered we’re assholes to this planet.
So lemme get this straight. Your solution to Chinese pollution is we stop buying their crap. Maybe we should have though about this solution before we exported all that manufacturing capability to them. NIMBYists. But, if we bring it back, don't expect them to make less themselves without force, and good luck with that.

The Chinese aren't using electric cars because they are concerned about the climate. They're using them because they make economic sense. If you look at the old pics of China, everyone dressed in black riding the same bicycles was a society with a much smaller carbon footprint, but they want the same modern life we take for granted and they can finally afford it.

Reactions: FlatSix911
So lemme get this straight. Your solution to Chinese pollution is we stop buying their crap. Maybe we should have though about this solution before we exported all that manufacturing capability to them. NIMBYists. But, if we bring it back, don't expect them to make less themselves without force, and good luck with that.

The Chinese aren't using electric cars because they are concerned about the climate. They're using them because they make economic sense. If you look at the old pics of China, everyone dressed in black riding the same bicycles was a society with a much smaller carbon footprint, but they want the same modern life we take for granted and they can finally afford it.

When an oncologist makes a cancer diagnosis…. what percentage of that diagnosis should be informed by how difficult the treatment will be?

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
Similar to @nwdiver

We know the solution but refuse to want to change our lifestyle even though it’s going to kill us and others. We whine that it’s to hard to make the change and that we need our lifestyle.

To start, everyone has to stop investing in dirty businesses - force the change. Move to a repairing/reuse/recycle society. Businesses should be forced to manufacture from recycled materials. We incentivise and champion environmentally friendly farming practices and other environmental projects to undo the damage. Go back to eating meat once a week/special occasions would be a good start. Localise manufacturing where possible to where the stuff is actually needed.

None of this will happen. Government and businesses have convinced the masses that they can have their cake and eat it. Don’t worry, technology will sort the problem when we invent it. Hey, our planes pollute the air but just give us some money and we’ll plant a tree. We just need your dollars so we can live the lives that we want. You keep consuming. It’s good for us.

I think you're misunderstanding my position... I'm all for real change and agree that we must do our part.

The key concept is to accept the reality that both parties need to work on a global solution to be effective.

However China can argue that their per-capita emissions are less than half of the US emissions, and so that they are far ahead of the US. Thus the finger-pointing will go in an endless circle.

Which means that the underline in your post should be on the first part.

That’s bullshit ! Just because a storm has a name it doesn’t mean the weather is changing !

The climate has always changed … always will. You can’t draw conclusions from a short time slot ! 😂

And most of that time the change was caused byyyyyy? A change in atmospheric CO2 levels. What's causing CO2 levels to rise at a historically unprecedented rate today? And when I say unprecedented I mean >100x faster than the Earth has ever seen before.

What do you suppose is causing CO2 levels to rise so fast?

Screen Shot 2022-05-10 at 9.31.32 AM.png

Last edited:
  • Informative
  • Funny
Reactions: JRP3 and nwdiver
No such thing! Power appears by magic! LOL

Yahoo Finance: Texas heat wave points to problems with congestion on power grid.

Someone posted this on a Swedish Tesla forum:

Here's the link:

Has this been debunked before?

file.php

Someone posted this on a Swedish Tesla forum:

Here's the link:

Has this been debunked before?

file.php

And also how many of those Nonpublishers are showing up in the Published by publishing in obscure publications? ;)

Reactions: SwedishAdvocate
And also how many of those Nonpublishers are showing up in the Published by publishing in obscure publications? ;)
The problem is that I'm just a layman when it comes to scientific papers in the natural sciences. I was kind of active on this forum some 3 years ago.

I'm looking for something that ideally is as short as possible and has been written by someone who has enough of a grasp on this to just straight up debunk it.

Unfortunately (and unbelievably enough) there's a vocal group of maybe 5 people on this Swedish forum that still(!) peddle misinformation about Man-Made Global Warming...

I started by posting that there has been a more than 97% consensus about Man-Made Global Warming for I don't remember how long. And then one of those science deniers came dragging with that picture.

Again – the whole paper is allegedly here:
Meteorologists' Views About Global Warming: A Survey of American Meteorological Society Professional Members

Last edited:
Yes, things are changing, but that's not under our direct control. It's the height of conceit to believe otherwise

??? We know that CO2 increasing from 180ppm to 280ppm drives a ~10C swing in global average temperatures. That's born out in the climate record AND backed up by physics. Not only is CO2 more than capable of that degree of warming but it HAS happened dozens of times. You don't think CO2 rising from 280ppm to >400ppm would have some effect??? Why is CO2 >40% higher?

??? We know that CO2 increasing from 180ppm to 280ppm drives a ~10C swing in global average temperatures. That's born out in the climate record AND backed up by physics. Not only is CO2 more than capable of that degree of warming but it HAS happened dozens of times. You don't think CO2 rising from 280ppm to >400ppm would have some effect??? Why is CO2 >40% higher?
so you're a climate scientist.
we only know what we're told, and agendas inspire all of it.