Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Climate Change / Global Warming Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The climate on Earth is exactly the same as the climate on Mars. And why are we voting for these people again?

Kentucky Republican: Climate change unproven because 'temperature on Mars is exactly as it is here'

From the above linked article:

“As you (Energy & Environment Cabinet official) sit there in your chair with your data, we sit up here in ours with our data and our constituents and stuff behind us. I don’t want to get into the debate about climate change, but I will simply point out that I think in academia we all agree that the temperature on Mars is exactly as it is here. Nobody will dispute that. Yet there are no coal mines on Mars. There are no factories on Mars that I’m aware of.”

:scared: :scared: (double scared :wink:)

From the above linked article:

“As you (Energy & Environment Cabinet official) sit there in your chair with your data, we sit up here in ours with our data and our constituents and stuff behind us. I don’t want to get into the debate about climate change, but I will simply point out that I think in academia we all agree that the temperature on Mars is exactly as it is here. Nobody will dispute that. Yet there are no coal mines on Mars. There are no factories on Mars that I’m aware of.”

I'll raise you a
runaway.gif

As I'm sitting here watching my daughter put together a puzzle before tonights festivities, my mind started to wonder about our (and her) future. It's too bad we can't strip away the monetary value of oil. If we did that, it would be just another way to generate energy and then all types of ways would be on the same level playing field and we could all see solar is a better choice. Its so sad humans become fixated on greed. It is our demise.....anyway, happy 4th for all Americans out there. Hahaha

It gets better, from the same meeting, a different representative:

Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations | WFPL

State Rep. Kevin Sinnette, a Democrat from Ashland, said climate change didn’t kill the dinosaurs, so human beings should be just fine.
“The dinosaurs died, and we don’t know why, but the world adjusted. And to say that this is what’s going to cause detriment to people, I just don’t think it’s out there," Sinnette said.

On the good news front:

The British Medical Association, the representative body of doctors in the UK, has voted to end its investments in fossil fuel companies, making it the first health organisation in the world to do so. The motion, passed at the annual meeting of the BMA in Harrogate, calls on the BMA to “transfer their investments from energy companies whose primary business relies upon fossil fuels to those providing renewable energy sources.”

See: http://www.medact.org/news/uk-doctors-vote-end-investments-fossil-fuel-industry/

WCC Central Committee to bolster churches’ initiatives for climate justice

04 July 2014
In a session on 4 July in Geneva, Switzerland, the World Council of Churches (WCC) Central Committee focused on one of the world’s most threatening challenges – climate change.
Listening to perspectives on how human rights, economy, food, water, displacements of population and security issues are deeply linked to the impact of climate change, the Central Committee, a chief governing body of the WCC, renewed its commitment to encourage initiatives for climate justice carried out by the churches and other faith-based organizations.

See: http://www.oikoumene.org/en/press-c...-churches2019-initiatives-for-climate-justice

In its 2014 Solar PV outlook: "Let the Second Gold Rush Begin - Demand Could Surprise to the Upside" Deutsche Bank Securities is forecasting good times ahead for the solar PV industry:

While we have been generally constructive on the global demand outlook, we are raising our 2014 and 2015 demand expectations to ~46GW and ~56GW respectively. We believe upside demand surprises from the US, Japanese and Chinese markets could continue in 2014. We expect streamlined incentive programs in China, additional subsidy cut signals in end 2014, and decreasing financing constraints to act as catalysts for upside. Similar to the '05-07 capacity rush, we expect another gold rush by downstream installers to add recurring MW ahead of policy changes over the next 2-3 years. Moreover, we expect grid and financing constraints to improve from 2014.

See: https://www.deutschebank.nl/nl/docs...old_Rush_Begin.pdf?dbiquery=null:PV+gold+rush