Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

climate change - Is Elon too late?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

thegruf

Mar 24, 2015
indeterminate
CO2 just hit new record 410ppm forecast to hit 500ppm by mid century.

I can only be ashamed and say sorry to my kids

co2_data_mlo.png
24_co2-graph-021116-768px.jpg

PopExtGraph.jpg

You're too late. We all died from overpopulation decades ago when we hit 5 billion. Earth cannot support more than 5 billion people according to Universally Accepted Scientific Fact That Cannot Be Argued.

The reason you don't see all the skeltons is due to the nuclear holocaust since we have enough nuclear weapons to destroy the world 10,000 times over. It burned the bones to dust.

Don't worry about over-population, the Globalist are hard at work to take care of that. If they have their way we will be in another World War very soon, this one with Nuclear Weapons on all sides. That should be able to reduce a few Billion from the earth's population, and with all their other efforts to reduce the ability to reproduce soon after the worlds population will be further reduced to their planned 500 million.

It is all carved in stone at the Georgia "Stone Hinge". Then all our problems will be solved.

And if we have solar we can still drive our Tesla cars without gas (that is if we are able to survive and the area of the country we live in is still usable).

BTW - Mauna Loa is interesting. We melted our shoes and watched lava flow into the Pacific. It smells strongly of sulfur and is due for another major eruption soon (geologically). It's the tallest mountain on earth IIRC if you measure it from it's base to it's peak? (most of it is underwater).
A very strange place to measure average levels of anything. Europe has been industrialized far longer than the US, let's check there:

File:Greenhouse gas emissions (including international aviation, indirect CO2 and excluding LULUCF) trend, EU-28, 1990 - 2015 (Index 1990=100)-Fig1.png - Statistics Explained

Reactions: SSonnentag
Don't worry about over-population, the Globalist are hard at work to take care of that. If they have their way we will be in another World War very soon, this one with Nuclear Weapons on all sides. That should be able to reduce a few Billion from the earth's population, and with all their other efforts to reduce the ability to reproduce soon after the worlds population will be further reduced to their planned 500 million.

It is all carved in stone at the Georgia "Stone Hinge". Then all our problems will be solved.

And if we have solar we can still drive our Tesla cars without gas (that is if we are able to survive and the area of the country we live in is still usable).

Trivia Alert!!! All the warheads in the US inventory when set to KILL (they are dial-a-yield) could not wipe out North Korea. We could set them back a few hundred years, but we cannot target every population center. NK has 0.025 billion inhabitants.

My prediction is a 3 degree increase by 2100 from 1850. That’s a catastrophe.
Well, if it’s any consolation, you can blame a large swathe of the populace (that must remain nameless). I do & I’m backed by peer reviewed science.

You're too late. We all died from overpopulation decades ago when we hit 5 billion. Earth cannot support more than 5 billion people according to Universally Accepted Scientific Fact That Cannot Be Argued.

The reason you don't see all the skeltons is due to the nuclear holocaust since we have enough nuclear weapons to destroy the world 10,000 times over. It burned the bones to dust.
You are aware that that when those kinds of statements were made, there was a corollary. Unless we improve the means of production of food. Guess what happened? We improved the means of production of food.

Reactions: Brando and liuping
What do you think is going to happen when it hits 500 ppm or 600 ppm?
Are you kids not going to live very comfortable lives at 1000 ppm?
Lets review some of the gloom and doom:
Sea level rise. Mitigation: Through some dirt on the ground.
It will get hot: Use AC or move to colder area. Mostly getting warmer in the cold areas though.
Powerful storms: Build a stronger house.
Deserts: The truth is the opposite. Earth has been getting greener for the past 35 years:
* CO2 fertilization effect - Wikipedia
Some more points to ponder:
Increased farmland:
Northward shift of the agricultural climate zone under 21<sup>st</sup>-century global climate change
About being paranoid:

What do you think is going to happen when it hits 500 ppm or 600 ppm?
Are you kids not going to live very comfortable lives at 1000 ppm?
Lets review some of the gloom and doom:
Sea level rise. Mitigation: Through some dirt on the ground.
It will get hot: Use AC or move to colder area. Mostly getting warmer in the cold areas though.
Powerful storms: Build a stronger house.
Deserts: The truth is the opposite. Earth has been getting greener for the past 35 years:
* CO2 fertilization effect - Wikipedia
Some more points to ponder:
Increased farmland:
Northward shift of the agricultural climate zone under 21<sup>st</sup>-century global climate change
About being paranoid:

your naiivity is breathtaking, dangerous and sad

The fact that we can observe climate change within a lifetime should ring every possilbe alarm bell.
Climate changes should be observable over millenia not a few decades.

As for desertifiaction If find this information
The world’s deserts grow about 120,000 square kilometers annually.

CO2 is already at levels not seen for getting on for half a million years.
More and more positive feedback mechanisms are being discovered suggesting we may already be past the tipping point.
None of us truly know how the planet will react to such abrupt change, there is no precedent for the current situation

Irrespective of whether your utopian outcome is realised, the natural world around us is being decimated.
Nature simply cannot adapt fast enough and once gone, is gone forever, and the world is a poorer place.

24_co2-graph-021116-768px.jpg

PopExtGraph.jpg

It’s why voting should be weighted by IQ score & education level

With all due respect, I am a triple degreed scientist and graduated at the top of my class. I am a climate change skeptic but I am open to evidence on either side. So do you think I shouldn’t be able to vote?

By the way, I have actually downloaded the temperature data for the last century and analyzed it myself. Have you done that?

With all due respect, I am a triple degreed scientist and graduated at the top of my class. I am a climate change skeptic but I am open to evidence on either side. So do you think I shouldn’t be able to vote?

By the way, I have actually downloaded the temperature data for the last century and analyzed it myself. Have you done that?
And the results of your analysis is?