Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clip on fan to cool 3rd row seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Folks, is getting hot here again and I remember how hot the 3rd row seats were last year and decided to do something about it.

Bought two clip on fans, USB powered with single 18650 Li-Ion cell backup from Amazon. Clips onto the jump seat headrest right in between the seats. USB cable runs along side of seat and under the floor mat to the USB plug in the center.

Idea is to use them to bring some air conditioned air from the main cabin rearwards. Going to see if it is better for them to both blow back, or one go back and another forward.

Attachments

• A1B9DDE6-3C5E-4512-A383-09A22EEA0261.jpeg
    A1B9DDE6-3C5E-4512-A383-09A22EEA0261.jpeg
    281.7 KB · Views: 809
  • 865D0192-B6FA-40BA-A8BE-8AA2C3A2A290.jpeg
    865D0192-B6FA-40BA-A8BE-8AA2C3A2A290.jpeg
    360.4 KB · Views: 543
I have those exact fans, but I have 4 of them. 2 to draw cool air to the back, and 2 to have cool air to their faces (if they want it). That system seems to keep my kids placated if I put them back there! (Especially during the hot Texas summer)

If the third row is occupied, be sure to disable recirc. Airflow in the car is front to back, outlets are by the lights in the sides of the third row and recirc doesn't force air back that direction.

Possibly, but my kids are not that tall yet and the top of the heads are below the top of the seat so it won't be directly on their heads.
Going to take a longish drive tomorrow, we'll see how well it works.

Trip was a success. Outside temp was about 30C and the kids did not complaint at all with the fans on for over 1.5 hrs. I wish Tesla would have this built in so it looks better. It is definitely functional.