Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CLOCK CLOCK NOISE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there,
Having a TMS 85 from 2015, for some time now I have had clicking noises, the famous clock-clock at start-up (acceleration and deceleration) which persist and amplify over time.
Thinking the noise would go away over time, I decided to 'order' TESLA assistance

1. I first made a request for diagnosis at TS-Chambourcy, without even having seen the vehicle, they diagnosed the BEFORE gimbals to be changed (quote around 900€) 🤯; I answer them via the chat that they cannot advance on such repairs without having seen the vehicle and without even having first done a road test and the like.
Also, big mistake on their part because as I said, I have a MODEL S 85, so single engine, and engine placed at the rear so REAR gimbals only and there is no FRONT gimbals 😳.
After having raised the straps, they decide to modify the estimate and to estimate only a road test diagnostic visit (at 135€, let's not forget).

2. Thinking well, I decide to change the appointment at Boissy St light (and I find that the welcome was also light and that the service too)
When I arrive at my appointment, the technician has barely entered the vehicle decides to get out and conclude, I insist on doing the test drive together in order to better understand the problem.
Then immobilized for an hour, the verdict is in and it would obviously be the wishbone and the bearings of the wheel hubs to change. (Quote at 2600€, the painful thing:!!)

My concern is that I have totally lost confidence in this brand, and that even if I decide to carry out the repairs from TESLA Service center, nothing tells me that my problem will disappear because a service center announces the gimbals to me without having seen the vehicle, another service center tells me the bearings and triangle but without being sure.
I am mixed to see that the breakdowns of this vehicle, with the size and the range still remain mysterious.
And I'm ready to put my nail to cut that if I bring it back to another service center, they may be able to diagnose me new things to repair without solving the initial problem, namely these pù$ù$ùù of CLOCKCLOCK sounds

link of sound : https://echowave.io/.../pro.../renders/VWCWrj1sIFx7qhQI7oMk/

Attachments

• full.png
    full.png
    117.3 KB · Views: 66