Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Newest update completely bricked AP/FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had the same issue updating to 11.49 on a 2017 S with FSD. No FSD or AP would work, tried to reset camera calibration and it was stuck at 0%.

After a week tesla remotely sent 3 Updates that I had to install one after another and it was fine after that.

So, here are the errors showing up on my service menu (APS_w160_apbVersionMismatch):

View attachment 999075

I'm assuming the APS & APB are redundant systems for the autopilot, and that one of them has failed to get its firmware updated. Based on my previous post, this feels a lot more like case 2 than case 1 (with maybe a smidge of case 3 thrown in), Hopefully Tesla didn't do something crazy like make their redundant subsystems have different versions of processors or something. So I'm guessing that if the squirting of the older system version to my car doesn't work, I'm going to be paying for a new system computer.
Pretty sure APS is “autopilot processor secodary” and APP would be for “primary”

I also had the three updates sent in succession to attempt to remedy the issue of calibration not working after replacing the ECU. Those don’t help, but it does appear they did essentially the same at the SC afterwards:

Inspected software logs and found that autopilot control unit is
missing an important software package to perform as intended.
Performed several updates and was able to install the missing
package. Checked camera calibration and performed a drive
calibration routine. Verify that autopilot now work as intended
after calibration”