Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Close calls?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Decided to take the family on a short road trip up to Alton Towers this weekend but unfortunately Tesla SC didn’t get my car back to me in time and I ended up with a 75D loaner, so more stops than I really wanted.

To make matters worse I was hoping to charge at the Airbnb I had checked into but this got cancelled last minute and somehow I ended up with an estimated 2% to get to a SuC for a top up. I’ve never driven so sensibly in my life. Got there with 4% and possibly a small poop in my pants.

What’s the closest you’ve ever been to having to call for rescue?

13A93300-2E10-4442-96A1-7BB9044D9A6F.jpeg

I meet someone at the services while charging on Friday who use to live in Las Vegas and use to have a Model S over there, they mentioned he got -15 (Yes that's Negative 15 miles) miles on the battery? Is that possible? Thought the car would be programmed to stop at 0

I meet someone at the services while charging on Friday who use to live in Las Vegas and use to have a Model S over there, they mentioned he got -15 (Yes that's Negative 15 miles) miles on the battery? Is that possible? Thought the car would be programmed to stop at 0
We once drove a Model 3 over 50 miles once it hit 0 for remaining range. That was over a year ago. They've probably changed the software since then to prevent it. The car was actually driven over 600 miles on that one charge.

We once drove a Model 3 over 50 miles once it hit 0 for remaining range. That was over a year ago. They've probably changed the software since then to prevent it. The car was actually driven over 600 miles on that one charge.

Sounds like the logic in ICE cars where you have a range after zero. I don't know but for some reason I mentally think of 0 in an EV as a hard floor vs a soft one.

• Informative
Reactions: m-i-l