Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model Y - regular black screen on wake up + phone call bug

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Glad to find this thread. I am in the same boat. Got 5 times so far. Just 4 weeks old MY(RWD). SW version is v11.1(2023.20.7 e95984b28fca). Along with that, WIFI is now getting disconnected and switched to LTE every minute no matter what bands(2.4g/5g) are. Not sure if factory reset fixes.. otherwise, just waiting for a new update.. Aaargh...

Reactions: zknobody
My new car (model 3 not y) is currently in service for the black screen issue. Took it in for something else but asked them to look at some notifications in the log about an unresponsive touchscreen. Then when they got into the car themselves it did the black screen to them, so they’re keeping it in to check.

I’m glad they’re being thorough - I’ll update if they mention anything conclusive.

I removed the Tesla USB stick from the glovebox a week ago - and so far no error.
I was getting them every other day prior to that.
A bit early to say that this has stopped the problem (until a fix is pushed out), but a week without issues is 'promising'.

Reactions: bhav
Just as an update here too, they kept my car for a few days as they said they could see issues in the logs, but then decided on just resetting the computer (a full reset not a reboot). I’ve not had the issue since so far (hope it continues that way), but I’ve also done software updates so I’m honestly not sure if it’s related to the reset or not.

Service team got back to me today:

"Just reaching out regarding
your screen blank concern. At this stage
this is a fleet wide issue and our
engineering team are investigating the root
cause for this. We do believe a resolution
will be achieved remotely, we are just
waiting on confirmation from our
engineering team. At this stage no
hardware replacement is required, we will
be pushing out the appointment until
engineering have confirmed next steps in
resolution. Appreciate our patience as we
work through this remotely. Kind regards,
Tesla Service."

They'd originally been out to have a look a couple of weeks back when it first started, and just kept the appointment open pending another software update. As 20.7 didn't fix it hopefully it'll be the next one, if/when they work it out.
I live in New Hampshire I’m having the same issue when I received the car in July and this issue even after various updates it is still an issue when the car is sitting for a period of time and I have the black screen issue. Fortunately, this does not happen when driving. It is only when the car is been parked for a period of time. Do you still have the issue?

I live in New Hampshire I’m having the same issue when I received the car in July and this issue even after various updates it is still an issue when the car is sitting for a period of time and I have the black screen issue. Fortunately, this does not happen when driving. It is only when the car is been parked for a period of time. Do you still have the issue?

What software do you have installed now?
This went away after 2023.26.1 for me.

I would recommend opening a service request at this point if you are on current software builds.