Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Closing Trunk/Tailgate Handle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now if you make a license plate frame that includes that lip you are on to something.
Good job

The handle is design to go over the license plate frame.. I don't like license plate frames so left mine off.

Attachments

• handle to lic frame.jpg
    handle to lic frame.jpg
    551.1 KB · Views: 352
The universal trunk handle link posted looks just as good and is cheaper. I think those are the 2 options to consider at this point, but I cant help but think that this thing should cost $10 max.
We will agree to disagree. Each to their own. I think a chunky piece of white plastic looks pretty lousy. I’ll take a picture of mine later, it’s much less visually intrusive and still very functional. Overall, yea $30 is a lot for what it is, but it’s functional and looks like it belongs there, which is something I value.

We will agree to disagree. Each to their own. I think a chunky piece of white plastic looks pretty lousy. I’ll take a picture of mine later, it’s much less visually intrusive and still very functional. Overall, yea $30 is a lot for what it is, but it’s functional and looks like it belongs there, which is something I value.
This is exactly the same thing. I think you’re confusing posts. Universal Trunk Handle

Attachments

• 20190220_182724.png
    20190220_182724.png
    592.9 KB · Views: 284
Sorry I guess I don't fully understand this : Can someone explain to me, why you can't simply use the closing handle , that the car already comes built with ??

I freely admit that I did not discover the built in closing handles, till a month AFTER I bought the car .

But now (after some initial trial & error of how much force was needed etc) it works great, and I can (almost always) close the trunk without touching the trunk lid.

And if someone is afraid to leave fingerprints , at the trunk closing crime scene , would it not be easy to just use your elbow, to occasionally push down on the trunk lid ?
(when it does not close all the way with the build in handle)

Sorry I guess I don't fully understand this : Can someone explain to me, why you can't simply use the closing handle , that the car already comes built with ??

I freely admit that I did not discover the built in closing handles, till a month AFTER I bought the car .

But now (after some initial trial & error of how much force was needed etc) it works great, and I can (almost always) close the trunk without touching the trunk lid.

And if someone is afraid to leave fingerprints , at the trunk closing crime scene , would it not be easy to just use your elbow, to occasionally push down on the trunk lid ?
(when it does not close all the way with the build in handle)

I use the built in, inside handles as well. This option was cheap (ish) and gives me a third point of contact. I wish it had auto close like the model S.