Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cloud based car sentry mode & dash cam footage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That plot is from a commercial air quality monitor calibrated against Defra AURN monitors, so a couple of order magnitude (and some) more in price - thats omitting that it needs annual sensor renewal and calibration. It does full NO, NO2, O3, PM1, PM2.5 and PM10 readings every 10 seconds - which tbh is not frequent enough especially with NO2 sampling where the chemistry is more complex and time limiting so would benefit from oversampling and VOC monitoring if outside urban environment. Everything is then sent to severs via UTMS where it is validated and calibration coefficients applied then I apply my processing. The plot that I posted was NO2 and imaging from Google Earth. The problem with mobile monitoring is that everything is heavily correlated with what you are following and how the monitoring equipment is configured. That particular plot is largely unprocessed and would not stand up in court in its current state!

You've got something exciting to look forward to. Primarily the car of course, secondary all the cool gadgets that comes along. And since you've been able to setup your PI And NAS already, I urge you to take look at another GitHub project: lephisto/tesla-apiscraper and Lunars/tesla-apiscraper. Allows you to setup your own Teslafi on your NAS using Docker. Keep all your car data to yourself, but enjoy the statistics. Have Fun!

Fantastic.. I've been looking for something like that!

It does full NO, NO2, O3, PM1, PM2.5 and PM10

Awesome - here's me doing it on a shoestring as usual and everyone else has got a mass spectrometer in the frunk...

I am after a general impression, I tend to keep my sensors in places where they aren't going to be prone to spikes - so maybe a rear facing external sensor so I don't get spikes depending whether the vehicle in front has the exhaust one side or the other. Also the cabin sensor will hopefully provide a decent averaged level, but I guess will have a major lag which may make the mapping a bit interesting.

Probably achievable without too much pain, almost certain somebody would have done this and put an example to follow up. You could sync the target computer to google drive etc and make it an issue to solve on the computer rather than the Pi.

I installed this on my synology NAS with docker last night, took a few minutes, it’s sitting there waiting for my car. I’d prefer to be using the Teslaapi-scraper alternatives with InfluxDB rather than PostgreSQL.

May try the others but running out of time!!

Same - hoping I've done it right and there's supposed to be nothing but a white screen until my car arrives as I'd like to have data from the very start. I'm using it as an excuse to get familiar with Docker, Grafana etc. but will explore more in future. I figure if I have the data in a local DB then I have more flexibility to export it in future compared to it being hosted by a 3rd party.

Remember grafana will be running on the ‘other’ port, :3000 by default, I’ve modified my setup to map to a different port as I’ve already got grafana on that port for existing purposes. So you should be able to login and see the grafana stuff, with prepopulated dashboards though all graphs empty. I note there is no logout on the white screen..;)

This is all really amazing and I'm really impressed with the work being done with the PI in Teslas.

However ... I just want my Sentry video synced to Dropbox or something. Has anyone found a product that can accommodate that? There used to be this EyeFi thing but they went out of business. Eye-Fi - Wikipedia

Kingston makes one now but it's absolutely ludicrously priced and very old tech. Encrypted USB Drive with Automatic USB Cloud Backup - Kingston Datalocker+ G3 - Kingston Shop US – Kingston Technology

This is all really amazing and I'm really impressed with the work being done with the PI in Teslas.

However ... I just want my Sentry video synced to Dropbox or something. Has anyone found a product that can accommodate that? There used to be this EyeFi thing but they went out of business. Eye-Fi - Wikipedia

Kingston makes one now but it's absolutely ludicrously priced and very old tech. Encrypted USB Drive with Automatic USB Cloud Backup - Kingston Datalocker+ G3 - Kingston Shop US – Kingston Technology
There's a raspberry pie based solution, but I struggled to make it reliable GitHub - marcone/teslausb: Steps and scripts for turning a Raspberry Pi into a useful USB drive for a Tesla