Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CMT Cyberminitruck?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am a big fan of small trucks. The CT cannot replace my F450 however it could replace the 2 Ford Rangers we have. A CMT could haul my bikes around and make a much better commuter. I do not commute in the massive F450 for obvious reasons but the Rangers are very suitable.
The current crop of "smaller" trucks are still to big to be considered a "mini" truck. A 5-6000 lb towing capacity would be fine for a smaller truck.
Maybe I'm old school but a scaled down version would certainly be something nobody else is doing currently.
Tesla needs 2 sizes.

If they kept the design approach and shrunk the truck by shrinking the vault, I’d think that rear seat headroom would become an issue.

If there’s enough market for a two door/single cab version, that would probably work fine with a similarly sized vault to the big truck, only slightly shallower.

Reactions: Ehninger1212
At least in the US, there is a reason small trucks and trucks without crew cabs do not sell that well. People are pretty big and fill up cabins quickly, and we all have to too much shettz we think we need to have in the truck.

There’s also the chicken tax, which effectively requires domestic production for such a vehicle and is likely why we don’t see El Camino type vehicles that are popular in some other places sold here at all.

Build your own while waiting.

cyber make your own truck.jpg