Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coast-to-coast offer for Elon Musk from MIT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...obvious scams...

Your zeal to make sure people are not hurt because of timeline disappointment is admirable but I think there's a difference in Tesla's case.

A scam has no intention to fulfill its final product.

Tesla has missed its projected timelines but its intention has always been to honor and fulfill its final product.

Just because the final product has missed its timelines which is very disappointing but that does not mean Tesla has shutdown its Self Driving Department after getting paid.

Another good example is in 2017, SpaceX already took the money for 2 civilians to fly to the orbit of the moon for 2018. But at that time, they had no rocket that was powerful enough to do that and they still have no manned capsule even in earth's orbit just yet.

It could be misinterpreted as a scam because all of the requirements for the moon orbit was not yet tested out or even existed so how could SpaceX take the money?

Missing timelines happen quite frequently with Elon Musk but his record has been good in fulfilling his goals if you give him some time.

I'm sorry but i 100% disagree. Anyone who bought FSD are gullible and naive. Every year people lose billions off obvious scams. This is no different. Elon's approach to innovation is to hype stuff up and not deliver for 3+ years, hereby living rent free in people's minds like yours and then once they finally deliver 5 years later or more. they already lived rent free in people's minds, the media, who shower them with accolades and call them the best while they delivered squat the entire 5 year timeline.

You can't take back the thousands of articles proclaiming that tesla cars are level 5 self driving.

A prime example of AP2 launch. Hundreds of articles were written proclaiming Tesla as the best SDC company and there are laymen people i run into every day who actually think tesla are actual self driving cars and the fatal accident is the reason we shouldn't trust sdc.

There are still many journalist and people who still believe it till this day.

This happens when you have your CEO blatantly lying and making up garbage like below and hyping up nonexistent product and simple minded ppl lapping it up.

December 2015: "We're going to end up with complete autonomy, and I think we will have complete autonomy in approximately two years." -
Elon Musk Says Tesla Vehicles Will Drive Themselves in Two Years

January 2016: "In ~2 years, summon should work anywhere connected by land & not blocked by borders, eg you're in LA and the car is in NY" -
Elon Musk on Twitter

June 2016: ""I really consider autonomous driving a solved problem," he said. "I think we are probably less than two years away." -
Two years until self-driving cars are on the road – is Elon Musk right?

A guy of your caliber and influence promoting such rubbish such as a guy proclaiming his cars will be level 5 in 2 years since 2015 is an insult to the educational and scientific community

Don't worry, when Elon solves autonomous driving I am sure he will open source it as a way to save more lives and you can buy an audi someday with tesla self driving tech enabled. Until then, maybe you can derail a few less threads with your clear anger and hate. Try focusing on the things you like, like audis. Just picture yourself driving in your tesla enabled audi and think happy thoughts.

$1T Deficits? That would be $1.5 trillion tax cuts, no?
That, plus earlier spending increases cited here https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-1-trillion-this-year/?utm_term=.3a3cd2f4d5d0 plus the latest spending "compromise" that was recently signed into law: Budget Deal Would Assure Permanent Trillion-Dollar Deficits plus the fact that the individual tax cuts expire in 2025 and will likely be extended (because what politician is going to vote to increase your taxes?).

Edit: to quote Dick Cheney (first bullet under 2004), "Reagan proved that deficits don't matter." Until they do, of course. ;)

• Informative
Reactions: Brando and croman