Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Collision damage M3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sooo… this happened today. Other driver at fault. Their insurance (state farm) accepted 100% liability. Why does it feel like I got kicked in the face when I open up the claim (mind you this all took place in the same day the accident occurred) to find that this is the amount they are sending me… $5300!!!

Surely the repairs on this are going to cost A LOT MORE. What should I do in this case?
Can I negotiate ? should I have Tesla collision body shop look at it and then they can deal with the insurance for getting the $$$ for the actual repair costs?
Ugh this is so frustrating! Does anyone have some experience or advice here. TIA.
IMG_3538.jpeg

Sooo… this happened today. Other driver at fault. Their insurance (state farm) accepted 100% liability. Why does it feel like I got kicked in the face when I open up the claim (mind you this all took place in the same day the accident occurred) to find that this is the amount they are sending me… $5300!!!

Surely the repairs on this are going to cost A LOT MORE. What should I do in this case?
Can I negotiate ? should I have Tesla collision body shop look at it and then they can deal with the insurance for getting the $$$ for the actual repair costs?
Ugh this is so frustrating! Does anyone have some experience or advice here. TIA.View attachment 1043925

Nothing to be alarmed over. That's just the initial estimate that they have to create. You choose a shop of your choice and they will work with the insurance on how much it will actually cost. Bummer but cars can be fixed/replaced and you're ok.

Reactions: AZAV8R
Upvote 0

Ugh this is so frustrating! Does anyone have some experience or advice here. TIA.View attachment 1043925
Don’t cash the State Farm check. It will probably have a full and final statement right where you sign it.

Don’t know Texas laws but yes you can negotiate the price. Start with getting a quote from the body shop of YOUR choice.

Upvote 0
We (my wife) have had 2 claims for Tesla repairs with State Farm. The Tesla repair process is Seattle is in a state of flux. Basically, I identified the nearest authorized Tesla body repair shop to me. In the 1st accident, we took car to that shop first and they gave us a $5k estimate. SF negotiated it down to $3k. In 2nd case that shop refused to give me an estimate but asked for my credit card and said that it was up to me to deal with the insurance company. I didn't give them my credit card but called SF. SF did an appraisal over the phone with a picture from me. SF send my wife a check for their estimated cost of repair minus our deductable. SF sent me back to the body shop and appt was made for them to perform a detailed assessment then negotiate supplementary payment with SF. The eventually negotiated repair cost was much greater than SF's original estimate and SF is sending my wife a check for the supplemental amount. That is how if worked for us. Double check with SF claims dept. They will probably tell you to cash the check, take car to shop of your choice (recommend authorized tesla repair shop) and they will negotiate supplemental payment with auto shop.

Upvote 0