Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Color change after order placed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all. I own a 2018 model 3 but just ordered a new Y about 3 weeks ago. My delivery date isn’t for 5 months or so. I just realized I want to change colors. Is it too late? Will I get charged? How do I change it? The app won’t let me do it. I understand I’ll probably go to the back of the line, but it’s worth it. Thank you.

Hi all. I own a 2018 model 3 but just ordered a new Y about 3 weeks ago. My delivery date isn’t for 5 months or so. I just realized I want to change colors. Is it too late? Will I get charged? How do I change it? The app won’t let me do it. I understand I’ll probably go to the back of the line, but it’s worth it. Thank you.
I changed mine and it did not affect EDD. Note that it will affect pricing if you locked in before the price hikes.

Reactions: Aither
Upvote 0
The "Edit Configuration" no longer shows up on your order page. Elsewhere on this blog some have stated you cannot make changes anymore.
NOT TRUE. I called the (888) 518-3752 got thru to Amber in two minutes and she reset my order page which now has an edit link. Voila my Blue/White MUP is now Red/White. Just like that. And she confirmed no price change except for the additional $1000 for the red paint upcharge. The delivery date stayed at May15 to May 29!! I just watched it change colors on my phone app. Lovin' TESLA today.

Upvote 0