Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order Process for FSD Transfer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Take a look at the Software page in your vehicle settings. If you see “Included package” under Full Self Driving Capability, your FSD transfer was successful.

New vehicles are delivered with a factory software build and in that build, HW4 and FSD Beta are not compatible. FSD Beta compatibility for HW4 vehicles just started rolling out last week. You will likely get this software update within a few weeks. I took delivery on August 14th and received the update on the 30th.
Same here...took delivery last Monday with 2023.26.9. Still waiting for a new SW update. I assume the transfer is completed since I see "included package" under FSD.

I just ordered an inventory car. I’m reading here that I had to select FSD as an option on the new car while ordering for the transfer to work? Since I didn’t do that and already paid the deposit is there anyway to fix this issue?
No...the process has changed. You don't have to add fsd package. I just trade in my M3 for MY with fsd transferred. The salesman will send you the form to transfer fsd. Talk to salesman.

Had some difficulty transferring FSD but eventually was able to prior to my delivery last Friday.

Initially I had ordered an X when Tesla did the price drop. When completing the order tasks on the app I added my trade in (different vehicle from FSD transfer) and saw a prompt to transfer FSD, which I said yes.

A few days later I changed my mind and ordered a Y. I removed the tradin and the FSD transfer from my X order and cancelled the X order. Again was able to do trade in of a different vehicle on the Y order and all other order tasks but I never saw the prompt to transfer FSD to the new Y. Calls with Tesla started tickets and over a few days still could not get it setup through a dozen emails. Started getting stressed as well as very concerned as I wanted to get this swap completed ASAP and not lose the $12k value of FSD. Physically went into the showroom and someone got a better tech person to review, they sent me PDF to sign for agreeing of FSD transfer, and hours later the FSD transfer was added to the app of my MY order.

At delivery I had to run to an appointment so only spent about 4 minutes quickly walking around vehicle, accepting, getting in, and driving off. On the drive I looked and FSD showed as present. I'm still on 2023.26.9 awaiting for the latest update to push to the vehicle so my HW4 car will run FSD - but I do see FSD as an option as well as all EAP features so I'm sure the transfer worked.

So I'm not sure if you click yes to do FSD transfer in an order on the app if it kind of locks it out of being able to do that again to another order even if you cancel the first order. Perhaps that is the issue and Tesla had to manually fix it.

Yea it was discounted fsd add on. I'm keeping the 3 and was hoping to keep eap, now it's just really basic autopilot. O well
I'm in the same boat, but haven't taken the delivery of MY yet. Curious if we can ask for our EAP on original M3 to be reinstated since it was a 6k option at a time. @moogoo, are you able to email and ask if they'd be willing to reinstate a purchased EAP option? I plan to ask this once I take delivery of MY and transfer FSD there.

I'm in the same boat, but haven't taken the delivery of MY yet. Curious if we can ask for our EAP on original M3 to be reinstated since it was a 6k option at a time. @moogoo, are you able to email and ask if they'd be willing to reinstate a purchased EAP option? I plan to ask this once I take delivery of MY and transfer FSD there.
This has already been discussed. You cannot keep EAP on the original vehicle. If you transfer FSD, then your vehicle reverts to basic AP.

Reactions: vadims1
Nervous...
Bought a 2020 MY LR with FSD last weekend, transferred ownership onto app.
Monday put a deposit on a 2023 MYP thinking it was here because it was listed with a discount which according to a Tesla rep I had spoken with earlier that day, meant it was here.
Turns out it's not here in Hawaii and states "Est. Delivery: September 26 - September 27".

IMG_4830.jpeg

I started the FSD transfer process in the app earlier this week.

IMG_4811.jpg

Should I be worried?

-Paul

Nervous...
Bought a 2020 MY LR with FSD last weekend, transferred ownership onto app.
Monday put a deposit on a 2023 MYP thinking it was here because it was listed with a discount which according to a Tesla rep I had spoken with earlier that day, meant it was here.
Turns out it's not here in Hawaii and states "Est. Delivery: September 26 - September 27".

View attachment 974193

I started the FSD transfer process in the app earlier this week.

View attachment 974195

Should I be worried?

-Paul

Well I think the terms of the promotion are just to 9/30, maybe they will end it then. Or maybe there will be a bigger promo the next day, its hard to know and Tesla can be very firm as well as strict with their offers.

If the delivery center is close I'd physically go in and talk to them. If not I'd contact whoever is texting or emailing on your order, or as a last result call Tesla. I'd want to get as many updates as they have of where the car is and that it will be delivered in time or any risks of delays. Keep an eye out of something else in inventory with a similar discount that would have an earlier delivery - might be worth eating $250 on.

Reactions: Pricedm
Per Tesla via text when I expressed concerns about the impending deadline for FSD transferring and pressed them about options:

IMG_4831.jpg

Can anybody translate what this means? Just want to make sure.

They only actually have two MYP on hand that I’m aware of. One is a same color MYP (same Midnight silver but black and white interior) demo model with 2,600 miles listed for more than what I put my deposit down on. The other one is a red MYP w black interior that is not listed and only has 9 miles on it when I made an appointment to test drive a model Y and asked for the P trim. I do not want the 2600 mile midnight silver but would be okay taking the red one instead. Would that be a reasonable swap if they honor the pricing I have on my current incoming MYP? Or should I expect to pay extra for the paint?

Just want to make sure I get a deal and the FSD transfer.

Per Tesla via text when I expressed concerns about the impending deadline for FSD transferring and pressed them about options:

View attachment 974218

Can anybody translate what this means? Just want to make sure.

They only actually have two MYP on hand that I’m aware of. One is a same color MYP (same Midnight silver but black and white interior) demo model with 2,600 miles listed for more than what I put my deposit down on. The other one is a red MYP w black interior that is not listed and only has 9 miles on it when I made an appointment to test drive a model Y and asked for the P trim. I do not want the 2600 mile midnight silver but would be okay taking the red one instead. Would that be a reasonable swap if they honor the pricing I have on my current incoming MYP? Or should I expect to pay extra for the paint?

Just want to make sure I get a deal and the FSD transfer.
From what I've seen with Tesla I don't think you'll get the discount transferred to a different VIN. You'd have to pay whatever that VIN is listed for in inventory right now.

Tesla isn't like other car dealerships where they bargain or can have managers approve prices. Even if it's a common sense request. What's on the app or website is what you get.

I’m afraid of that. I know they’re bucking the dealership model and I’m grateful for that, but really wish they would at least be more self-aware about doing the right thing to their customers if they fail to deliver a product as stated/expected.n. Here’s to hoping they don’t screw this up.

-Paul

So I just received the vin for a MSP. I have a model 3 with EAP. I intend to purchase FSD for $6k on the Model 3 and then transfer it over before delivery. Should I run into any issues?
Seems like that might work. The FSD promotion I believe currently only says its good through 9/30 so I'd want to make sure you can complete everything including delivery before then.... or else consider waiting until October before upgrading to FSD in order to check if they will still allow transfers.

If your close to a service center I'd consider doing the $6k upgrade in person there to ensure the sales people agree it should work to then transfer FSD. I wouldn't do that until you get a delivery scheduled before 9/30 though.