Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price on Tesla website vs ordering agreement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I was browsing the Tesla website and put a 250$ down payment for advertised M3 with black paint and partial white interior for 37,430$ but when I filled out the info in the app and looked at the motor vehicle order agreement they changed the price by 2,500$. They are now charging me for paint and interior color? This doesn’t seem right. Is this just a mistake?

Hello,

Since you are new here, and asking questions that seem like they should be directed at Tesla itself, I figured I should let you know that this website has no official link to Tesla whatsoever. Its a fan site, and the site, nor site owners have any connection to Tesla itself other than being a fan site.

So, we are not able to give you any information on something like this, and anything anyone here will say is nothing more than a guess.

With that out of the way, we dont know what you saw on the website, but black color and white interior have been upcharge for multiple years. White interior was always an upcharge, and black paint has been an upcharge since somewhere around 2019 or at the latest 2020.

So, its not likely its a mistake, but we dont know what you saw. You will need to contact Tesla.

Upvote 0
Hi,

I was browsing the Tesla website and put a 250$ down payment for advertised M3 with black paint and partial white interior for 37,430$ but when I filled out the info in the app and looked at the motor vehicle order agreement they changed the price by 2,500$. They are now charging me for paint and interior color? This doesn’t seem right. Is this just a mistake?
Like the previous poster said ... we dont know what you saw while ordering. However, it is clearly shown on the ordering pages how different options affect the price:
1000025774.jpg
1000025772.jpg

Upvote 0
This doesn’t seem right. Is this just a mistake?
It doesn't seem right indeed. The up-charges are legit, but they should be clearly stated on the car's price. I also thought the destination was included, but it's NOT either. Nor a 'order fee' (even if you buy an inventory car), or charging cable, which all add almost 2 grand extra. On the other hand, Tesla doesn't seem to be any different than any other car manufacturer, so welcome to the car buying experience:p.

Last edited:
Reactions: zoomer0056
Upvote 0
We bought an inventory Model Y a couple of months ago, and the price we agreed to was not reflected on the order agreement paperwork. That price was the normal MSRP. However, the actual financial paperwork with the bank was the agreed upon price. Not sure why there was a discrepancy, but it didn't seem to matter in the end. YMMV.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
Upvote 0
Hi,

Was it an "Inventory" car that you put the down payment on? It sounds like your order agreement may be missing the "price adjustment" that Tesla will sometimes offer on inventory cars. Yes, the white interior and certain colors have an "upcharge". Did you try emailing Tesla and letting them know that's not the price you agreed to?

Upvote 0