Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Colorado VIN assigned?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Almost the exact same config as mine. Mine is AWD and is destined for NM through Denver Littleton. Call said it was on the truck from Fremont to Denver on Friday. Will likely arrive there today. No delivery receipt on United Road yet (keep checking). Expecting delivery some time this week in Santa Fe.

What is United Road and how do I use that to track the vehicle location?

United road is one of the largest car carriers in the country. I used their site to track the delivery of a couple of MINIs I ordered over the years as BMW uses them to transport cars from Port Hueneme. Tesla appears to use them as well. Was able to find the delivery receipt for my Model 3 when it arrived at Denver Littleton.

Delivery Receipts - United Road

Enter the last 8 digits of the VIN. From what I can tell they won't upload anything until the truck has been completely unloaded. Seems to be updated within minutes of the vehicles being unloaded. I don't know if they exclusively use United Road for Fremont -> Colorado or if any other carrier is used.

• Informative
Reactions: aburrows
United road is one of the largest car carriers in the country. I used their site to track the delivery of a couple of MINIs I ordered over the years as BMW uses them to transport cars from Port Hueneme. Tesla appears to use them as well. Was able to find the delivery receipt for my Model 3 when it arrived at Denver Littleton.

Delivery Receipts - United Road

Enter the last 8 digits of the VIN. From what I can tell they won't upload anything until the truck has been completely unloaded. Seems to be updated within minutes of the vehicles being unloaded. I don't know if they exclusively use United Road for Fremont -> Colorado or if any other carrier is used.
And just got scheduled for Delivery! A week from monday, June 29th. Hallelujah. I had my doubts...

Alright, as if tracking your car, getting a VIN and getting a delivery without a delay isnt enough, here is my conversation 2 minutes ago with Superior SC (I called them to make sure I had all my ducks in a row for pick up next monday). FYI, this employees says he has worked for TESLA for 4 years (so reportedly has a fair amount of experience).

When I gave him my Res number and VIN, he said "This is very odd and NOT something I have ever seen. You MY is being shipped to Tampa, Florida first and then to Colorado. I think we should switch your VIN because it could take 4 weeks for it to make the journey to Florida and then back to Colorado. We would likely get another car for you with a different VIN faster than waiting for the one heading to Florida. It will also save you potential paint and chipped windows from the 1 1/2 times across the USA that the car will experience".

After realizing that my interior is white, he changed his tune saying that "You might be better off keeping your VIN since its a white interior (perhaps implying there are not tons of white interiors coming in to colorado everyday)". Then he actually TRACKED the car down on his site and said "The vehicle is actually in Arizona right now, so I am going to contact the high level people and see if we can get the car rerouted from either Arizona or our Texas SC so it doesnt have to go all the way to Florida and back".

The guy sounded really nice and helpful, but I am skeptical about him being able to get the car taken off of transport in AZ or TX and having it sent north to Colorado. Its also annoying and weird, that they gave a delivery day next week if the car was planning on going all the way to Florida first. Seems like they are just putting vehicles on transports and shipping them out as fast as they can even if they have to go to Nova Scotia FIRST before they end up back at a California SC.

I guess, I will know eventually if the vehicle comes to Colorado by Monday.

BTW, someone else had mentioned UNITED ROAD as a TESLA transport company but my Superior, CO SC guy denied that they use them exclusively.

MSM/White/Performance/No PUP/+FSD/No hitch

BTW, someone else had mentioned UNITED ROAD as a TESLA transport company but my Superior, CO SC guy denied that they use them exclusively.

MSM/White/Performance/No PUP/+FSD/No hitch

Yeah, no idea how many carriers they use. If anyone has info on the other carriers (if they have tracking) that would be helpful. For now I keep checking United Road to see if they have it.