Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No USS message vs. When VINs get assigned

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(Starting a thread on this topic rather than hidden in the larger thread to get more statistics)

Anybody know when they assign you a VIN relative to you accepting that there's no longer USS?

I ordered about 3 weeks ago and now got the message about needing to accept this change.

I'm trying to get some stats on if this message is coming as a precursor to getting a VIN assigned.

Thank you everyone!

USS hasn't been on the cars for many months. Evidently some people rejected their cars, so they must be getting confirmation. If you don't accept it, you won't get a car, I believe. It should be in the details of what you received.

Yeah, I'm a bit surprised that they are even sending out this confirmation since it's been like this since the early year refresh.

I guess what I was going after with my question is why send this confirmation 3 weeks after I order it? Why not immediate? Is it because they are getting close to assigning me a VIN?

Looking for some stats from folks here to satisfy my curiosity.

Thanks!

Reactions: DerbyDave
Tesla assigns VIN first, and then you see a message ‘Changes have been made by Tesla to your order’ or something along the lines. Then you go to see these changes, and it is where you are asked to accept that your car will be without USS.