Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Colorize Touchscreen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not only colorblind people. All people. The gray on gray on gray on gray UI of v11 is not super accessible by any means for anyone.
Why do we have a HD touchscreen capable of displaying 16777216 colors when they only use grey everywhere?

And how about some consistency for displaying selected options? Why do some get the nice blue indicating what is selected, while others (like the auto seat heaters) just turn from shade 33 of grey to shade 34?

Take a look at most smartphones and you have a high-contrast option, and an option to change text sizes. The Tesla UI is about as far from ADA-compliant as you can get.

They have tweaked fonts and aesthetics a few times since version 11 dropped so its always a work in progress. I myself would love to be able to move the heated steering wheel icon over by the heated seat icon instead of being a shortcut slot. Oh and lets get scheduled HVAC so I can have it be on 71 in the morning and 69 in the afternoon automatically. Oh and maybe automatically lowering HVAC when you place or answer a call. I had that on a Chevy and it was awesome.

The greyscale map adds to the overall drab look of the screen as well. Has Tesla ever come out and explained why they chose to go greyscale with the map?
I really, really miss the colors. I used to be able to glance at the map and find parks and lakes (green and blue) where I could take a break of find a nice place to walk the dogs. Now it's just all grey. Satellite doesn't cut it.

I really, really miss the colors. I used to be able to glance at the map and find parks and lakes (green and blue) where I could take a break of find a nice place to walk the dogs. Now it's just all grey. Satellite doesn't cut it.
Well, Tesla did this change on purpose to make that map less desirable. It's all about the money. I like the satellite map but only pay for the service because I wanted the other thing in the package too, and paying annually made the price more affordable even though I hate subscriptions.