Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Come on, Build super chargers on I-10 from Arizona to Texas.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does the phrase 'when hell freezes over' mean anything to you?

Anti-Tesla states are generally lagging behind in supercharger infrastructure build-out (and service centers/stores) because of internal bureaucratic governing, not because of Tesla's lack of trying. I would not look for anything to change in the foreseeable future until those administrations change to more business-friendly elected officials.
Absolutely wrong. There is no reason to think that Texas dealer franchise laws have anything to do with supercharger buildout. Texas had five of the first dozen or so superchargers in the US, which connected Houston, Dallas, Austin, and San Antonio. Tesla builds where it will get the most bang for the buck in supporting owners and increasing sales. Connecting the 4 largest metro areas in the state was a necessity. After that, the land mass of the state is so large, and the population density so small, that it takes many more superchargers to complete a route for fewer owners than in just about anywhere else. I-10 west of San Antonio is the least traveled interstate highway in the country, so it makes sense it is one of the last to be built out with superchargers. Same with the route to south Texas. I'd love to be able to drive to South Padre Island with superchargers, but I understand that that such a low traffic route is a lower priority than a lot of the highways in the Midwest that haven't been built out yet.

Reactions: dgpcolorado and KJD
Tesla builds where it will get the most bang for the buck in supporting owners and increasing sales.
Tesla has a blind monkey that throws darts at the map of the US. There's no real other explanation.

For example, Seattle (a home to small startup companies like Amazon, Microsoft and Boeing) has no SCs while Los Angeles has something like 8. Freaking Sacramento has four SCs.

And Seattle is lucky, it's within a driving distance to three SCs. Memphis, TN is outside of the reach of any nearby SC and it's not a small rural settlement.

Maybe they want to optimize coverage in a couple of select places? But even California is far from perfect - northern part of the state has barely enough SCs to cover I-5. And Harris Ranch is _still_ hard to avoid.