TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Come on...

Discussion in 'Model S' started by whitex, Mar 17, 2016.

1. whitex

whitex Member

AP perpendicular parking bug to be filed? ;-)

2. kort677

kort677 Active Member

I can see all the other cars that he blocked in your photo.

• Dislike x 3
    • Funny x 1
  3. zambono

zambono Member

It is pretty empty though, it could be worse. But yes completely unnecessary specially since the other users will have the same vehicle and more than likely cherish it as much.

• Like x 1
  4. Soolim

Soolim Member

Not absolving the poor parking by the owner, but,
    could the current software be made smart enough to auto-park with just the existing rear camera the way the driver uses the video display?
    Or, the perpendicular auto-parking does not work unless there are obstruction on three sides. This is a sensor hardware deficiency of AP1.0. (i.e. lack of side cameras).

• Like x 1
  5. kort677

kort677 Active Member

since the original post was removed, maybe this whole thread should be disappeared

• Like x 1
  6. chriSharek

chriSharek Member

Wow. I've said a lot worse things than I did on this post, and got moved to snippiness. That's fine. I was trying to learn what I did wrong or said . . .

There's absolutely no reason someone should park like that - though, really. Not in front of the SCs. What if a parade of Teslas come in to charge? As the OP said, "Come on man"?

7. SMBowen

SMBowen Model S ____

Since my post was a little too offensive (snippiness) I am re-posting so this thread makes sense.

There is no need to park like this at SCs. Yes there are 8 SCs, but every time I am there I see at least 2 other cars while charging. This SC station isn't a random charging station in the middle of nowhere, it is just off the busiest freeway in the area and regularly used, especially just after rush hour (which is when the photo was taken).

I do hope that the auto parking will be able to pick up the lines versus just obstacles, so it can park in empty spaces.

Attached Files:

• Like x 1
  8. GKwey

GKwey Member

I know Donald Trump and you are no Donald Trump.

• Dislike x 1
  9. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

A Californian car that parks just like a Californian!