Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Common as muck

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bit of joke post but me and wife decided to go to the Mall at Cribbs yesterday (which apparently everyone else thought was a good idea) I parked at the supercharger at the Mall and we were the only ones there at the time.

I went back a little while later to the move the car after it was charged and there was another 69 plate Model 3 in the bay next to me with another Model 3 pulling up behind me as i walked back to the car, next to that was a line of about 4 Model S's.

We stopped at Costco on the way home and parked next to white 69 plate LR AWD and I passed a Red on the M5 South as we were going home :)

On another note, how do you know if you are being charged idle fees at a SuperCharger? does it tell you in the app?

Reactions: Roy W.
Bit of joke post but me and wife decided to go to the Mall at Cribbs yesterday (which apparently everyone else thought was a good idea) I parked at the supercharger at the Mall and we were the only ones there at the time.

I went back a little while later to the move the car after it was charged and there was another 69 plate Model 3 in the bay next to me with another Model 3 pulling up behind me as i walked back to the car, next to that was a line of about 4 Model S's.

We stopped at Costco on the way home and parked next to white 69 plate LR AWD and I passed a Red on the M5 South as we were going home :)

On another note, how do you know if you are being charged idle fees at a SuperCharger? does it tell you in the app?
yes it alerts you in the app/phone notification

Ha, I did see a blue Model 3 parked next to my white one at Costco yesterday around 4pm, guessing it may have been you?, lol

Tesla Model 3 was UK's third bestselling car in August

Gotta be shifting more of them in September than August?, end-of-quarter-chaos-push and all that

Yes definitely more than the 2k in August, apparently that was beat bu the third week of sept

Someone round the corner from us just got their Model 3 the other day, and I’ve seen another one in our town too.
Definitely becoming more common!

Hope so as I feel the car gets a lot of attention sometimes too much good and bad.

From weirdos looking like I left a tablet in the dash board to the couples stopping in the middle of the road to ask what car it is!

We’ve got 3X Model 3’s in the office car park now.

We should enjoy our couple of months of them being “special “. Visitors from Silicon Valley last week said there people really are trading in regular Toyota’s because the running costs of a TM3 are so low.

I will be slightly sad when’s TM3 does not get a second glance, but it will be great for the planet and we will always bore people pointing our we were first to the revolution.

I will be slightly sad when’s TM3 does not get a second glance,

IKWYM but all the Other Brands, who decry Tesla as "Horrid interior" and "Lousy built quality", need to wake up at the numbers of Tesla that are on the road. Their EVs (iPace, eTron, EQC etc.) are being built at the rate of 20K p.a. ... even if not intentional, that's just "compliance numbers"

VW keep saying they are going to do bigger ... its been year-after-year of prototypes, and Media stalling-tactics. I'd like to wish them good luck, but I don't do business with lying-cheats like that. They had my custom repeatedly before DieselGate and won't ever get it again.

"Yup we were definitely guilty in USA and humbly pay these enormous fines"
"Nope, we didn't do anything wrong in EU"

Morals of a sewer rat.

In today's news VW says "The vehicles are driven by hundreds of thousands of customers every day, they are safe and roadworthy, which is why we do not believe there is any damage and therefore no reason for a lawsuit" Yeah, I drove mine because bailing out of finance early and taking early deprecation hit would have cost me a lot of money and VW were offering me ... £NOTHING. Still aren't. And buyers were, very reasonably, shy at that time. VW have engineered enough time for memories to be short before this comes to court in EU.

Pity really, never had an issue with the German Engineering ... but there again they never, in what? probably 15 years of VW ownership, ever gave me a SatNav / firmware upgrade. Not even for cash. And their Dealer Salesman stitched me up at every purchase, and claimed damage caused by their delivery driver was my fault. No thanks, never again and I continue to take a very dim view of anyone I meet who is happy to give VW their business.

Tesla has a different business model. A better one IMO.

well yeh theres gona be loads. the q3 push means everyone is down south iv only seen up in and around preston 1 model x 1 model s 1 model 3 and I think 1 white model 3 but im not sure as we passed to quick and it might have been a porche.,...

Welcome all you late-comers;)

Got my first Model in early 2014 - back then it lots of waves and thumbs-ups from other Teslas and even members of the general public.

Things are different now....

TBH - There still seems to be a lot of love in the East Surrey area. My wife didn't believe me about the "Tesla wave" and then this weekend, we had 3 or 4 other Tesla drivers give us a wave. She finds it absolutely hilarious.

Reactions: davidmc and pow216
Drove to a local supermarket on Saturday, about a 10 minute journey, saw another Model 3 coming the other way on the way there then saw another one drive into the car park as I was leaving - and this was my first journey after picking up the car!

• Funny
Reactions: drewpost
IKWYM but all the Other Brands, who decry Tesla as "Horrid interior" and "Lousy built quality", need to wake up at the numbers of Tesla that are on the road. Their EVs (iPace, eTron, EQC etc.) are being built at the rate of 20K p.a. ... even if not intentional, that's just "compliance numbers"

VW keep saying they are going to do bigger ... its been year-after-year of prototypes, and Media stalling-tactics. I'd like to wish them good luck, but I don't do business with lying-cheats like that. They had my custom repeatedly before DieselGate and won't ever get it again.

Morals of a sewer rat.

In today's news VW says "The vehicles are driven by hundreds of thousands of customers every day, they are safe and roadworthy, which is why we do not believe there is any damage and therefore no reason for a lawsuit" Yeah, I drove mine because bailing out of finance early and taking early deprecation hit would have cost me a lot of money and VW were offering me ... £NOTHING. Still aren't. And buyers were, very reasonably, shy at that time. VW have engineered enough time for memories to be short before this comes to court in EU.

Pity really, never had an issue with the German Engineering ... but there again they never, in what? probably 15 years of VW ownership, ever gave me a SatNav / firmware upgrade. Not even for cash. And their Dealer Salesman stitched me up at every purchase, and claimed damage caused by their delivery driver was my fault. No thanks, never again and I continue to take a very dim view of anyone I meet who is happy to give VW their business.

don't forget deasle gate 2.0 as announced by tesla time news... very interesting they have been at it again in an even worse way!

Reactions: WannabeOwner

Morals of a sewer rat.

Completely same boat as you. They know it too. You can listen to the PR spin but all you need to do is look at what their money is saying. Just take a look at the GFV on new PCP offers. They are 30-35% lower now than they were four years ago for the same cars. They are trying to hedge against being left with a bunch of worthless ICE cars coming off of deal in 4 years. They know what's about to happen.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
VW are partly responsible for the accelerated demise of the ICE and especially diesel. The depreciation on my BMW X5 was eye watering when I dumped it and traded up to the Model 3 Performance. After 5 days of Tesla ownership I should be thanking VW rather than hating them as they opened my eyes to being part of the future, but now. No regrets from my perspective, and the many positive reviews I read about the M3P that helped to convince me, actually undersold the amazing experience if anything.

Reactions: Roy W. and drewpost