Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Company getting in touch after having a car charger fitted - Is this normal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What would they do if you have a stamped concrete drive? Would they have to pay for a new one to be put down as I can’t see how you’d be able to put it back together

Ours is a printed concrete driveway, surrounded by landscaped small trees bushes...

... so they agreed to go all the way round our driveway (corner plot luckily), and under a perimeter wall... which put about 20 metres of extra cabling onto the job.

But they did it, and saved my driveway.

Cost to me : £0.00

• Informative
Reactions: Zilla91
. Problem is my Leccy box is under the stairs, and they are not digging up my newly tiles house floor.

The fuse box (CU) may be under the stairs but your meter must be in your garage or somewhere near where the mains come into the house - so just get a new (additional) CU fitted (near the meter / main fuse) for the EVC.

(20 miles per hour is unacceptable - 35 miles on each hour is minimum to expect)

20 sounds ok to me

I mean I downrated my HPWC to 30A and I just plug it in when I get home so it'll be almost 12 hours before I need it again ==> 240 miles

30A due to a load calculation, plus it makes sense to put less strain on the system anyway

...then again, I'm in Texas and it's all US miles

This!
Please, we have standard units for a reason. I have absolutely no idea if 20 miles per hour charging rate is a lot or a little.
Well the Tesla charger is capable of giving charge much faster and any Tesla model is capable or receiving much more charge so it seems they are not getting much out of it. Rough calc means 13 hours to fully charge the car which is close to 3.7kw