TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Configuration - Additional Deposit?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Garlan Garner, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Garlan Garner

Garlan Garner Active Member

Does anyone believe that there will be an additional deposit when it comes time for configuration?

2. Colsla

Colsla Member

no i dont think so. you just configure as is and when it comes time to pay, you will just have 1k deducted from the full price of the car (which I think will be around the time u take delivery.)

3. zenmaster

zenmaster Member

At some point the deposit must become non refundable. It seems that Tesla would need some kind of insurance against nonpayment once build starts. It's less than 3% of MSRP for average build, so risk is covered if less than 3% back out after order commitment.
    With that many orders, I'd imagine Tesla would offer deadbeat production to later reservation holders, allowing them to skip the line.

4. Craig9080

Craig9080 Member

5. Clomer

Clomer Member

With the Model X, the reservation deposit became non-refundable the moment the order was confirmed. There was not an extra deposit needed. I envision it will be the same for the Model 3.

6. zenmaster

zenmaster Member

I thought the X required a 5K deposit, which is proportionately more than the 1K for the 3? In the end, they need to cover the risk.