Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Confirm Performance Stealth (non-PUP) $5,000 refund

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now that we have confirmation of Elon agreeing to provide Performance Stealth (non-PUP) refunds, I think we should have a thread to track these as well, since there's a thread to track PUP. I don't think I've seen one started yet.

I reached out to Tesla again but have yet to get a response.

Can the mods pin these, or do something to keep them from constantly popping up in the normal thread list? I'm so bored and tired of these "Oh, ME TOO!" threads.
Just curious, do you have a P3D Stealth and actually have skin in the game? Guessing not, if you are annoyed by people asking to be compensated for what Elon agreed to. What do you have?

Last edited:
Just curious, do you have a P3D Stealth and actually have skin in the game? Guessing not, if you are annoyed by people asking to be compensated for what Elon agreed to. What do you have?

P3D+. And I neither care about supercharging for free, nor have I asked for my $5000 check. Because it's lame. I ignored the "Oh, ME TOO!" when it was only one thread. Then we had another thread about the status of getting checks back. Then another for the non-upgraded performance. And now yet another for "Oh, I'm getting a check!! YAY!". At least four threads, all for the same topic, none of which anybody should care about. What value does it add to the community to know what step you're at in the process of getting money back?

The other threads are literally hundreds of pages long. So, in my opinion, having a refunds thread pinned would keep these from cluttering up the normal stream of threads (which rise to the top by age of last post), but still let those that care about a stranger getting 5 grand back follow along. I figured it was a nicer request than asking if we could just consolidate all of these threads and delete them, but I suppose not.

@tomc603 , so you disagree without answering the question? Got it.

No, I disagree and I answered. I just disagreed first.

P3D+. And I neither care about supercharging for free, nor have I asked for my $5000 check. Because it's lame. I ignored the "Oh, ME TOO!" when it was only one thread. Then we had another thread about the status of getting checks back. Then another for the non-upgraded performance. And now yet another for "Oh, I'm getting a check!! YAY!". At least four threads, all for the same topic, none of which anybody should care about. What value does it add to the community to know what step you're at in the process of getting money back?

The other threads are literally hundreds of pages long. So, in my opinion, having a refunds thread pinned would keep these from cluttering up the normal stream of threads (which rise to the top by age of last post), but still let those that care about a stranger getting 5 grand back follow along. I figured it was a nicer request than asking if we could just consolidate all of these threads and delete them, but I suppose not.

No, I disagree and I answered. I just disagreed first.
Great, then don't spend any time on the threads you don't care about. As you mentioned, there is a ton of talk about people getting refunds. There is a specific thread about those that got a refund for PUP, and those of us that have Stealth have been battling to get a refund, and we finally got word that we will get something. This thread is to track those of us that have Stealth and are looking for confirmation of a refund. If you have have PUP and don't care about a refund, that's your choice. But some of us care about about getting a refund and there is a separate thread for those that got a PUP refund. What's the big deal about a non-PUP refund thread? If you don't like it, don't read it.

• Disagree
Reactions: DrDabbles
P3 stealth here. Got this reply just now. Lets see what happens..

"Thank you for reaching out to Tesla Customer Support. We would be more than happy to send this request to our team who is overseeing this project for refunds with the Performance Model 3. Our team will reach out as soon as possible to speak with you on this refund request."

Looks like it's confirmed..

"Hello,
Thank you for reaching out to Tesla Support about the Model 3 Performance Upgrade Package and the recent price change. I apologize for the delay of my reply to your request.

If you would like to proceed with the $5,000 refund and the removal of your Free, Unlimited Supercharging please reply to this email with a valid mailing address that we can send the check to and I will get the process started for you. Once we receive your information, you should receive your refund check within 4-8 weeks.

Thank you for your patience and for being a member of the Tesla Family!"

Reactions: whatthe2
Got a reply too (P3D without PUP):

"Thank you for contacting Tesla Support regarding your performance package refund. I am happy to submit your request and a member of our team will reach out to you. Thank you for being a member of the Tesla family."

Here’s what I just got back:

Thank you for reaching out to Tesla Customer Support. We would be more than happy to send this request to our team who is overseeing this project for refunds with the Performance Model 3. Our team will reach out as soon as possible to speak with you on this refund request.

P3D Stealth owner. Yesterday, I replied to the "FUSC off" email I received a few weeks ago saying that Elon has tweeted that non-PUP owners now appear to be included in the refund program. Got a response this morning saying yes, I'm now eligible for the refund and to confirm that I wanted the refund as I would lose FUSC. I responded yes, I'll take the refund with a mailing address for the check. Got a response within two minutes saying OK, we'll send you a check within 8 weeks.