Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Confirming Delivery Performance Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good clue, keep us posted.

I bet you guys are getting Pearl White! Or are you o_O
But of course! :cool:

Most of our previous cars were Pearl White, even when we had to pay for it. Since that is now the "free" color, it makes it a little cheaper for us but we wish they would rotate through the colors. Maybe make blue free one year, midnight silver the next, etc.

• Funny
Reactions: RoBoRaT
But of course! :cool:

Most of our previous cars were Pearl White, even when we had to pay for it. Since that is now the "free" color, it makes it a little cheaper for us but we wish they would rotate through the colors. Maybe make blue free one year, midnight silver the next, etc.

O yeah, been your "subs" for a while now - I see your affinity to PW. I prefer black myself, free or not - but wifey wants MSM so there goes. :confused:

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
We still see that and we got a hit on our credit by "JPMCB auto loan" last night so hopefully that means things are moving forward.

In the same boat. Even got a call from a bank to confirm loan application. Called Tesla and they were super confused, basically told me they would "look into it" but probably not a high priority because it doesn't look like my vehicle has been made yet. Odd way of doing business...

• Informative
Am I reading the email notification confirmations correctly that the only ones who are getting them are FSD customers? So they are filling orders for the 6k or 7k upgrade first, even filling some people who ordered in the last week, before moving to next group?

That makes sense from a business perspective.

Am I reading the email notification confirmations correctly that the only ones who are getting them are FSD customers? So they are filling orders for the 6k or 7k upgrade first, even filling some people who ordered in the last week, before moving to next group?

That makes sense from a business perspective.

Unfortunately not always the case, I ordered a Performance in red with black seats and FSD and didn’t get an email yet.

i expected to lose the early buy opportunity if i edited the order to include white seats and have to wait a while longer. the car is still a performance and fsd, so hopefully on the early supper line when the white seats start being delivered. fingers crossed but hands on the steering wheel.

by the way, on a different car pre-order. i was wondering why i never received a confirmation of my pre-order of a polestar 2. had decided to cancel the order but hard to do when there is no order number. finally found the order at polestar, after a few calls. turns out the problem was my inability to type my email address correctly. they helped my correct my error. all happy now.

some other information. i asked a knowledgeable person at tesla about what wheels other than the Überturbine wheels could be attached to the performance model Y. winter here in vermont is a little rough so i would like to put on for the winter months the 19" gemini wheels available for the model 3. but i need to know before i order them whether the model 3 gemini wheels will properly fit the model y
a clear reply was received in very short order:
"At this time the only wheels we can guarantee will fit are those that come as standard options for the Model Y and those that become available through our online shop. The bolt pattern is the same for all of our vehicles, but the clearance over the performance brakes will be the main issue.
I would not recommend this option. Once you take delivery you can measure to confirm clearance. The 19” wheels will be an extremely tight fit, if they fit at all. On the Model 3 with Performance Brakes the vehicles ship with 20” wheels. The 19” option just barely fits, and the 18” option does not work at all. Downsizing by two inches on your vehicle with performance brakes will likely not work, but again, we do not have measurements to confirm this."

• Informative
some other information. i asked a knowledgeable person at tesla about what wheels other than the Überturbine wheels could be attached to the performance model Y. winter here in vermont is a little rough so i would like to put on for the winter months the 19" gemini wheels available for the model 3. but i need to know before i order them whether the model 3 gemini wheels will properly fit the model y
a clear reply was received in very short order:
"At this time the only wheels we can guarantee will fit are those that come as standard options for the Model Y and those that become available through our online shop. The bolt pattern is the same for all of our vehicles, but the clearance over the performance brakes will be the main issue.
I would not recommend this option. Once you take delivery you can measure to confirm clearance. The 19” wheels will be an extremely tight fit, if they fit at all. On the Model 3 with Performance Brakes the vehicles ship with 20” wheels. The 19” option just barely fits, and the 18” option does not work at all. Downsizing by two inches on your vehicle with performance brakes will likely not work, but again, we do not have measurements to confirm this."
The bolt pattern of the Model 3 isn't the same as the Model S/X.

There have been several pictures of Model Ys with Geminis installed but I can't recall if any of them were performance models. We have a set of Geminis and will try them out once we receive our Performance Y.

the helpful person from tesla replies and says you're 'absolutely' correct. "The 3/Y are both 5x114.3 and the S/X are 5x120"

If Y has the same bolt pattern as 3 then I'm good with this set up: 255/40/20 on 20" Black Sport Wheels

Performance Package questions
20200227_211913.jpg
red-tesla-modely-2019-shareholder-meeting_3.jpg
received_212020506648216.jpeg

It's going down! But I am more than ready...:eek:

20200228_222029.jpg

"Tesla has been spotted stockpiling some brand new Model Y SUVs in the parking lot of its factory ahead of the start of deliveries next month."

Tesla spotted stockpiling some brand new Model Y SUVs at factory - Electrek

I'm sure someone will report when these Model Ys start getting loaded for transport. Anyone from this forum stalking their movement? :cool:

Last edited:
I saw this in my account (using App) - assigned Palm Springs, Ca. Not seen in PC, can be found hidden in source code, no VIN assigned.

Maybe this just a default for my location - although Carlsbad, Ca is 5 miles closer to my location and my preferred delivery place.

Did anybody else get delivery location assigned?

20200302_185127.jpg

I saw this in my account (using App) - assigned Palm Springs, Ca. Not seen in PC, can be found hidden in source

View attachment 517329

I can't see that in the app at all. I can't see much in app apart from my referral code and a link to support ...

But when I go to my account website I see my order. When I was filling in delivery address I tried my house but instead it gave me Carlsbad or somewhere in O.C. / L.A. I think - maybe it was S.D downtown - I don't remember. I picked Carlsbad which is very close.

• Informative