Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Confirming Delivery Performance Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmmm... this could be trouble. Does anyone in NJ know if the $5,000 rebate will be applied to cars purchased this spring? Or only after the rebate is fully set up? Retroactive is fine if it is really happening.

Here is what I found about it:
"PEVs must be purchased or leased after January 17, 2020. The plug-in hybrid electric vehicle rebate expires December 31, 2022, and all-electric vehicle rebates expire June 30, 2030. (Reference Senate Bill 2252, 2018)"

My problem is that I am buying the Performance model which is above the $55K cap so I get no rebate! Stupid policy.

No e-mail but I logged into my account and saw the 'prepare for delivery' notice.

Performance version
Black on black
21" wheels
5 seater
No FSD
Deposit placed on 15-Mar-19
Current M3 owner
Located in Canada

I was not requested to select the days that I am not available to accept delivery.

See my Post #33. That is an old image when they stockpiled Model 3 to delay the "end of full federal rebate 200,000 US delivery trigger". Cars that were delivered from Lathrop were very dirty from dust on arrival at delivery location. The linked image in Post #33 shows the completed building to the south, obviously a more current image.
You are right! Too much wishful thinking on my part.

I have NOT received a delivery e-mail, but checked my account and the status says "prepare for delivery" however there is no option to enter any information either. I have a white interior and to my knowledge no one with a white interior has gotten an e-mail though it seems everyone's status is now "prepare for delivery' -- curious if anyone with a white interior is requested to enter info about paying/trade/etc., but you are not alone in not being able to enter info on the site.

I have NOT received a delivery e-mail, but checked my account and the status says "prepare for delivery" however there is no option to enter any information either. I have a white interior and to my knowledge no one with a white interior has gotten an e-mail though it seems everyone's status is now "prepare for delivery' -- curious if anyone with a white interior is requested to enter info about paying/trade/etc., but you are not alone in not being able to enter info on the site.
I'm thinking maybe everyone has prepare for delivery to remind people that they should have their finances for Model Y ready to go soon because things will move quick. Just my newest guess though.

• Informative
Reactions: beezy
@S3XYCarMD, last night I saw the "Prepare for Delivery" status in my account and it included the questions to prepare for delivery. I decided not to enter the data at that time since I still need to settle on a couple of things. This morning when I checked my account, it still indicates "Prepare for Delivery" but the questions have been removed and it now just says,
Next Steps
As your delivery date approaches, we’ll contact you to confirm your registration, payment method and, if applicable, trade-in details.

• Informative
Reactions: AdVanced
@AdVanced, last night I saw the "Prepare for Delivery" status in my account and it included the questions to prepare for delivery. I decided not to enter the data at that time since I still need to settle on a couple of things. This morning when I checked my account, it still indicates "Prepare for Delivery" but the questions have been removed and it now just says,

Thanks! Have you also confirmed delivery for next month via email?

@S3XYCarMD, last night I saw the "Prepare for Delivery" status in my account and it included the questions to prepare for delivery. I decided not to enter the data at that time since I still need to settle on a couple of things. This morning when I checked my account, it still indicates "Prepare for Delivery" but the questions have been removed and it now just says,

I think everyone’s page now says that whether you got an email or not. I entered registration info and clicked next and that page came up. Could not do any more steps. Some earlier in the evening were able to get further in the steps. General consensus in other threads now is that Tesla screwed up and should not have let folks enter all the data yet. Just wanted to change the page to Prepare for Delivery, but messed up and subsequently fixed it.

For those going through the process I am wondering if there are options for accessories such as floor and cargo mats or do you need to take delivery bare bones. Model Y is not listed on the Tesla accessory page to date. The model Y owners manual is not up yet either? Has anyone asked for a electronic copy of the owners manual?

They usually come as they are, can't really add/remove accessories.
My 2 Tesla's came with stock floor mats and mobile charger, tow hitch for X, middle sunroof mesh shade.

• Love
Reactions: Nosken
Perhaps the March delivery invitation push is nothing more than a way to create a list of buyers who can move quickly. Delivery centers will likely use the list to maximize Q-1 deliveries. I will not be surprised if April and May have relatively few deliveries. This may be a Q-1 push and not an indicator of high or low demand. I predict most invited for March delivery will wait months for their actual delivery. I hope I am wrong, but this process makes no sense!

Reactions: ahagge and greenboy
Perhaps the March delivery invitation push is nothing more than a way to create a list of buyers who can move quickly. Delivery centers will likely use the list to maximize Q-1 deliveries. I will not be surprised if April and May have relatively few deliveries. This may be a Q-1 push and not an indicator of high or low demand. I predict most invited for March delivery will wait months for their actual delivery. I hope I am wrong, but this process makes no sense!

Your comment makes no sense. You say Tesla is pushing to maximize Q1 deliveries by sending out emails to people for delivery. But in the next breath you say that most folks that got the email will not get theirs in March.

Reactions: preilly44
Your comment makes no sense. You say Tesla is pushing to maximize Q1 deliveries by sending out emails to people for delivery. But in the next breath you say that most folks that got the email will not get theirs in March.
My point is, this is a process to build a prospect list for a Q-1 push, nothing more. Getting an invitation does not assure a high likelihood of March delivery. I do hope I am wrong.

Reactions: Mufasa
My point is, this is a process to build a prospect list for a Q-1 push, nothing more. Getting an invitation does not assure a high likelihood of March delivery. I do hope I am wrong.

That would be a massive hit to both revenue and downright lying to customers when the email states "Congratulations! Your Model Y is ready for delivery in March 2020." They'll definitely be delivering in March as they will want to realize the revenue and historically push vehicles to US customers at the end of each quarter. I would argue to say that you are wrong and that receiving the email with acceptance to all possible delivery days does indicate a high likeliood of deliveries.

Edit: Sorry if that came across as crass. Just a lot of people coming across with drastic uncertainty when there is already good evidence otherwise given, even directly from the source.