Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Confused on backseat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I currently own a Model 3, that is a little cramped with a front facing child seat behind me. (I'm 5'11) I went to check out a Y today and when adjusting the front seat to the same position that felt natural in the 3 I noticed I had the exact same room behind me from seatback to back of rear seat that I have in the 3. If the back seat has 5" more of space where did it go, I'm not sure I'm sitting 4" back from where I would in a 3 but maybe. Anyone else have this expereince or theories?

Thanks
Robert

Yes 1” shorter in the front but 5” bigger in back which is why it seemed odd the space between a Comfortable position was the same I would’ve thought it would be at least 4 inches more behind me taking away the 1 inch from the 5 because of the reduced front

Yes 1” shorter in the front but 5” bigger in back which is why it seemed odd the space between a Comfortable position was the same I would’ve thought it would be at least 4 inches more behind me taking away the 1 inch from the 5 because of the reduced front

I think effectively a lot of the room rear passengers experience comes from the higher seating position... the vertical space they're given provides more space for your legs to occupy. The car seat lacks legs to occupy the vertical space.

A YouTube channel illustrated this recently...

Last edited:
Reactions: Petrlol