Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Confused on the Pricing [Canada]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So i have a M3 ordered. With my trade i owe $363 on delivery day. I decide to add FSD . It recalculates and now I owe $6890 on delivery day .
Call me stupid...but am I missing something here?
FSD is a $10,600 charge.
Please, i just don't get it.

do you already have a VIN number? you sure thats the only change you made, and you didnt make some other change inadvertently? When you get a vin and have a MVPA (motor vehicle purchase agreement) it will have a breakdown of all charges so you will be able to see it then.

If you need to know before then and you dont have a vin, you will need to contact someone at tesla for a breakdown, since it appears you dont have one, or see it in your order page.

Thanks JJrandorin. I was lying in bed thinking about this last night and although it is confusing maybe they charge $4k for the basic auto pilot. So when you add FSD you just pay the difference. On German cars they would say:
Auto Pilot $4,000
FSD $6,800 - you must have AP to add this feature

thoughts?

So i have a M3 ordered. With my trade i owe $363 on delivery day. I decide to add FSD . It recalculates and now I owe $6890 on delivery day .
Call me stupid...but am I missing something here?
FSD is a $10,600 charge.
Please, i just don't get it.

Interesting.. is your monthly payment the same after the required $6890 payment, or has it gone up?

Got the bottom of this. The "system" had an error. One o f the guys at Tesla (3rd guy I spoke) knew what he was doing. they added the trade ownership and the whole thing reset saying that I now $12.8k at pick - $10,600 FSD + taxes plus the $360 from before.
*sugar*. I hope the car is better than this experience!

Got the bottom of this. The "system" had an error. One o f the guys at Tesla (3rd guy I spoke) knew what he was doing. they added the trade ownership and the whole thing reset saying that I now $12.8k at pick - $10,600 FSD + taxes plus the $360 from before.
*sugar*. I hope the car is better than this experience!

Most people forget about all this stuff when they are driving the car. Not "everyone" but, most do.

Reactions: GregoryK